Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Same, though I actually got my first free-for-all adventure win too and that's somewhat related. I was using the Chevy ZR2 for A800 cross country but kept coming in like 3rd. I put together a '17 Raptor that seemed decent (and was), and had a great battle with a guy who kept besting me at the freeroam rushes but I kept beating him in the races. The second freeroam rush was from the northwest side of the lake to the southeast. I normally just immediately head southeast and bash through the trees but this time I decided to take the road that goes around the west side of the lake, and then hit that danger sign jump that drops you into Ambleside, then power up the hill. My opponent chose my normal route. He ended up winning, but it was kinda cool taking two completely different routes and being less than 1.5 seconds apart at the end.

I ended up taking him in the final race - like most of my builds, I was down on power but up on grip and the last race was pretty straight-liney. He kept slowly pulling out a lead in the straights that I'd immediately gobble up in the corners, but I could never quite get ahead of him. About 80% in, there was a tight corner before a jump and he overcooked it, hitting the jump a bit sideways and rotating in the air so he came down pointing the wrong way. He speared across my path and I tucked in behind him, took the lead, and won by a couple of seconds.

I hate cross country, but that might have been one of the most fun online races I've done. Maybe because A800 isn't stupidly fast for cross country and maybe because the Raptor was sharp enough handling-wise to line up straight before jumps and not do exciting things on landing, but it was actually enjoyable.

Well done on the FFA win... I think I perpetually place 2nd to 5th in those champions. And totally agree on cross country... it's by far my least favorite, but when you get a good race, it's really fun.

So, if you leave your auto waiting during the winter season... it gets ice over it (glazes over? I don't know if there's a correct verb to use in this case)!
    These are the little nice touches that keeps people playing.

2020-01-03 16_38_38-Greenshot.jpg

Also since they gifted a James Bond Aston Martin during the Xmas Free Cars period and people without the car pack couldn't get the car they decided, as an apology, to gift an Aston Martin DBS Superleggera to everyone this season. Get it in the Forzathon Shop... and get the Macan Turbo 2019 as well, one of the best SUVs in the game (superior to the 2015 model) and usually mighty expensive in the auction.

On the bad news: the new seasonal jump has been a pain in the arse for many players.
    I spent 3 hours (really) trying to pass it with every car in my garage.
    Eventually managed with an X 999 Koenisegg Agera RS (I called the setup Agerazilla!) with AWD swap, rally tyres, rally suspensions, full downforce front and rear; attack the jump from the right side at an angle between 15 and max 30 degrees to succeed.
    The jump is hated by many on facebook groups and on twitter in response to PG official account according to the complaints.
    Last edited by Blerpa; January 3rd, 2020 at 06:50 AM.

That was kinda cool, this was the first time I think I've ever done all three of the weekly PR stunts with the same car. TVR Speed 12 with rally suspension and tires managed to handle all three.

Haha nice! Not sure I've done that. It's always some combo of Shelby Monaco (it's so cheap and I love it) and Mosler for everything. And the occasional Hoonigan RS200 for dirt stuff.

Also, I really wish the Eliminator mode showed times, as applicable. I just won a game yesterday and I'm pretty sure it a was single digit millisecond difference. Oh man, I was yelling when I realized we were that close at the end.

That was fun, going for the Pacifist achievement in the Eliminator. Found a good hiding spot - right next to a house inside the fence where the game would normally just have a parked car. People kept driving right past, and managed to come in 4th in the Mini.

I'm doing the Eliminator once in a while: I race alone to the drone drops and see if I get a better car, then I stay in hide and avoid any challenge till the final run.
    So far the max I've managed is 5th place, but to me the point is not to race anyone but stay in till the end to rack up points and levels for the prizes.
    Once I'll be done I would never look to Eliminator again.

Oh, I still see that people loathe (me and my mates as well) Freeroam Rushes to this day.
    Maybe one day PG will decide to get rid of them, never seen a game feature so hated by the whole community
    Last edited by Blerpa; January 7th, 2020 at 01:06 PM.

I don't mind them now that they're only for cross country and dirt. Actually had a really fun one not too long ago on a cross country adventure - another driver and I who were battling for the lead in the points took two entirely different routes around the big lake on the western side of the map and still managed to hit the finish line less than 1.5 seconds apart.

Now, when they used to also happen on the road races and you're trying to basically do a cross country race in a sports car with stiff race suspension, that was total horseshit.

It's a little bit obnoxious that apparently winning two road sprint events in a Free-for-All adventure doesn't count toward the forzathon goal, you have to do them in single-player.