Page 180 of 319 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3190

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

  1. #1791
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,241
    Technicalities... Since we're a convict colony it probably doesn't matter.

    But in seriousness, inmates have been confined to their cells and cannot go outside.

  2. #1792
    Crime Fighter Cam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,386
    Almost 200 new cases confirmed on campus today alone. School administration sitting in their burning house, "This is fine."

  3. #1793
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,180
    Yep, by 2pm two more greek houses were quarantined here

    Also today, the administration triumphantly announced that they've successfully leased one of the privately operated on-campus residence halls (don't ask) from the owners in order to use it exclusively for covid-positive students to quarantine in.
    The building has 200 individual rooms - They've also announced that 218 residential students tested positive as of monday morning.
    "This is fine" all the way.
    -Formerly Stabulator

  4. #1794
    Crime Fighter Cam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,386
    Three more UofSC Greek houses quarantined today.

  5. #1795
    Subaru Unimpreza SportWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Real Grand Valley, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,241
    Is Lori going in to work there? UofSC, that is.

  6. #1796
    Crime Fighter Cam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,386
    She has been teaching in person and recording her lectures for online attendees. I think she has decided today that she is going online only as of next week.

  7. #1797
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,060
    Oh, another hilarious interview with someone on Bloomberg last night, where the interviewee said something about "As Vice President Pence said, blah blah blah... Look at what a great job we've done with covid...". Fortunately I don't have to spend too long in the lifts at work.

  8. #1798
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,787
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yep, by 2pm two more greek houses were quarantined here

    Also today, the administration triumphantly announced that they've successfully leased one of the privately operated on-campus residence halls (don't ask) from the owners in order to use it exclusively for covid-positive students to quarantine in.
    The building has 200 individual rooms - They've also announced that 218 residential students tested positive as of monday morning.
    "This is fine" all the way.
    I'm surprised at this specific school's response, honestly.

    I always took them to be more forward thinking and open minded.


    Guess I was wrong.

  9. #1799
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Oh, another hilarious interview with someone on Bloomberg last night, where the interviewee said something about "As Vice President Pence said, blah blah blah... Look at what a great job we've done with covid...". Fortunately I don't have to spend too long in the lifts at work.
    I’d love to see the worldview of someone who only got their news in snippets while waiting for a lift.

    Or would I?

    *shrug*

  10. #1800
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I'm surprised at this specific school's response, honestly.

    I always took them to be more forward thinking and open minded.


    Guess I was wrong.
    20 years ago it would have been a huge surprise, but since then (like most universities these days) we've gotten infected with MBAs and economists at the admin level attempting to "Run the school as a business." Partially due to the state legislature cutting budgets back and partially the overall economic clime in higher ed.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •