Page 218 of 323 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3227

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Tom Cruise loses his shit after he sees staff at MI:7 filming location break covid protocols. Hard to not get on his side, people are *losing their jobs and dying* because a bunch of idiots cannot follow a set of simple rules.
    Now itís even more honest and accurate!

Tom Cruise loses his shit often though... guess heís just a very emotional guy!

Admittedly there's a 7k case backlog that just came in today, but LA county reported 22k new cases today. Even with the backlog taken out, that's 15k. And the most ever deaths recorded, 132.

On the plus side, I am very glad that my in-laws came to their senses and nobody's visiting anybody this year.

EDIT: a good friend of mine got it after two of her coworkers who were symptomatic came into the office anyway. She went to hospital today where they wanted to put her in the ICU, but part of the triage process was how much oxygen was in her blood since the ICU is almost full. Hers was still too high, so she got sent home.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 16th, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

Hope weíre near the peak and ready to come down lower...

Probably a week or so before the climbing starts to drop.

Have you guys noticed something weird with local businesses?

I visited my local garage to try to get an estimate for adding an ATF cooler, the customer ahead of me wasnít wearing mask, so the mechanic talked to him without mask too. At least weíre outside, Iím also not a super star like Tom Cruise, naturally I wasnít going to cuss them out, just kept a safe distance...

Interestingly, after the mechanicís done with him and sent him off, he went back into his garage and came back out to greet me with his mask on... presumably because he saw me wearing my mask?

I guess some of these business owners are treating this very politically... if their customers wear masks, they wear masks. If customers donít, they donít. Customers are always right?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 16th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.

Not out here on the westside. The only case I can think of in recent memory was, oddly, also at a mechanics but it was two employees working really closely together without masks.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any public business interactions take place without masks in many months. I haven't even seen a single person in a grocery store not wearing one.

Glad to hear this isnít going on in your neighborhood...

Again, Iím still not sure how I feel about that... I guess that mechanic didnít want to offend his customers? Maybe heís a recovered Covid patient?

Like I said, Iím not going to pull a Tom Cruise on him, I just end up decided not to give him my business. (I didnít automatically disqualify him, itís just I thought the other masked mechanic did a more thorough job with the estimate along with a slightly cheaper quote...)

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-t...ave-seen-some/

Incredible achievement!!!

The wedding photographer had already spent an hour or two inside with the unmasked wedding party when one of the bridesmaids approached her. The woman thanked her for still showing up, considering “everything that’s going on with the groom.”

When the photographer asked what she meant by that, the bridesmaid said the groom had tested positive for the coronavirus the day before. “She was looking for me to be like, ‘Oh, that’s crazy,’ like I was going to agree with her that it was fine,” the photographer recalls. “So I was like, ‘What are you talking about?’ And she was like, ‘Oh no no no, don’t freak out. He doesn’t have symptoms. He’s fine.’”

The photographer, who has asthma and three kids, left with her assistant before the night was over. Her exit was tense. The wedding planner said it was the most unprofessional thing she’d ever seen. Bridesmaids accused her of heartlessly ruining an innocent woman’s wedding day. She recalls one bridesmaid telling her, “I’m a teacher, I have fourteen students. If I’m willing to risk it, why aren’t you?” Another said everyone was going to get COVID eventually, so what was the big deal? The friend of the bride who’d spilled the beans cried about being the “worst bridesmaid ever.”

After the photographer left, she canceled her Thanksgiving plans with family, sent her kids to relatives’ houses so they wouldn’t get sick, and informed the brides of her upcoming weddings that she’d be subcontracting to other shooters. A few days later she started to feel sick, and sure enough, tested positive for the coronavirus. She informed the couple. “But they didn’t care,” she says. They didn’t offer to compensate her for the test, nor did they apologize for getting her sick.
    The photographer who got sick after shooting the COVID-positive groom said her experiences throughout the pandemic have left her a little depressed. She recalled one conversation from that wedding, before she left the reception. “I have children,” she told a bridesmaid, “What if my children die?” The bridesmaid responded, “I understand, but this is her wedding day.”

Junior Potato
    So heartless. So uncaring. Doesn't she know it was her wedding day?!?!?!?!

Junior Potato
    COVID cluster in North Sydney: 17 people have tested positive so far.

Western Australia is requiring anyone who's arrived there from Sydney since Friday the 11th to immediately self-isolate and get tested. Queensland is looking closely at the situation and may impose a geographic hotspot on the area in question and restrict access for travellers coming from there.

The location is Avalon Beach, a bit of a touristy hideaway in Sydney's northern beaches. People would have been planning on spending Christmas there, and those who are already there might find it hard to come home afterwards.

While authorities know where a lot of the spread has occurred - the local RSL club - the origin of the outbreak is unknown, so are ripping chunks of hair out in trying to find where it came from.