Page 272 of 305 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3042

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Well, for your information, I just checked the daily stats for LA county and according to those, we've had 23,773 total deaths. Yesterday that total was 23,775, so not only did we have zero deaths, we had two resurrections.

Beat that, Australia.

Told ya we are a more Christian nation than Aussies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Beat that, Australia.
    We couldn't - even if we wanted to - because there's no dead people to resurrect

Actually, that's not true, looks like someone died on April 13th, but they would have caught it overseas and arrived home with it sadly.

That's the only one this year.

Nice attitude. You'll never beat us if you're willing to give up that easily.

Ok - Ill concede that negative is better than 0

And I can remember a time when my local suburb had several deaths, amongst the first in country.
    Now Ive moved "outback" I dont think we have had a single case in our area.

Back to not being stupid: Saw LA register less than 300 positive cases yesterday. From what I gather, that's positive tests, and includes second/third/whatever tests on people who already tested positive, so the actual number of new cases is probably slightly lower. If we can keep the rate we had over the past week going, next week we'll be in the least restrictive tier.

It's probably mostly the vaccines combined with a lot of people having gotten it over the winter, but it's honestly exciting to see things opening back up and things not going crazy. It's now been about a month and a half since we started re-opening and things are still going the right way.

In other news, a concert I had tickets for in August of last year just announced that it's happening on October of this year. It's an outdoor venue, so hopefully by then I'll feel more comfortable.

Saw a tweet this morning of a guy who's dad didn't believe corona was real, mocked mask wearing and precautions, etc. So, of course he got it. Didn't know he had it. Was hospitalised and errthang. But only AFTER he'd visited his parents and transmitted it to them and they subsequently died.
    He hasn't said anything about it since.

On one hand, i'm like fuck him. On the other his parents are the victims of his stupifoolidity, and he's robbed his son of his grandparents.

Swervo and Jason were right; its not the fucksticks who are affected.
    Last edited by neanderthal; April 27th, 2021 at 09:54 PM.

My wife's boss/friend lost her uncle when one of her cousins went out and socialized, then came home apparently asymptomatic to his dad.

I still can't imagine how you would feel knowing you didn't take it seriously enough and ended up killing one of your parents.

Sure hope they’d repent of their sins and wise up.

However, I suspect most irresponsible folks would just end up blaming on something else. It’s always somebody else’s fault...