Page 277 of 305 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3042

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Feel like deja vu all over again, Billi being scoffed at for overreacting by wearing masks against WHO and CDC recommendations and worrying about the impending zombie apocalypse during the pre-pandemic days…

You guys brave it out however you want. I still prefer to play it safe even after my 2 doses of Pfizer.

Still no confirmation of cause of death for the good doctor. This article is now saying it’s not known whether if he’s vaccinated or not…

https://abc7news.com/amp/rutgers-pro...ease/10583869/

However, I find it hard to believe a senior American citizen who’s an expert on infectious disease would be an antivaxxer… and then decided that it’s a good ideas to visit India….

Anyway, let’s hope I’m wrong on this and I’m just being duped by another conspiracy. I most certainly don’t want to be right with such things…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 5th, 2021 at 02:26 PM.

We got a case!!
    They havent said how he got it, but doesnt work with the quarantine system. So it is likely to be a contact of someone who does. Cant imagine its been hiding for months.
    Anyway no lockdown yet, but a list of places he went and luckily he did the check-in routine so they have a decent record of time. He went to 3 stores that sell bbq and the next day a butcher, so Im guessing his bbq quest was successful!
    Im back in Sydney this weekend for a football match. Shouldnt be a problem unless a bunch of new cases explode in the next 2 days.

Junior Potato
    I saw the list of places and was like, what the fuck?

So that's what having a proper social life looks like

Taiwan’s usual tough line of defense had recently been compromised too… by an airline pilot and flight attendant. There’s also a separate incident of a businessman from Thailand flew in with a falsified negative test result… what an ass.

Anyway, for the flight crew, They were tested to be negative 3 times before release from quarantine, yet they somehow subsequently still got sick…

Not sure if people are just getting complacent or virus is perhaps behaving differently…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 5th, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

It's a numbers game. Testing isn't perfect, and is definitely not a perfect defense against the virus. Just ask the Trump White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    We got a case!!.
    Another thing I like is that we're in the position to say "ok, let's do some genome sequencing to figure out exactly where it came from and which travellers he might be linked to

Here's a pretty detailed bit on the situation in India if anyone has time to sit through it:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's a numbers game. Testing isn't perfect, and is definitely not a perfect defense against the virus. Just ask the Trump White House.
    Trump was not really quarantining nor testing nor contact tracing at all…

Difference between Taiwan and US is like night and day dude!

Anyway, certainly nothing in this world is perfect, but considering Taiwan is having problems accessing vaccines too, I don’t want to see the virus breach that island….

Complacency, fatigue or mutant virus? Probably all 3…

I was referring to how the Trump White House was testing everyone before attending events like Amy Coney Barrett's rose garden soiree upon being added to the Supreme Court, as well as all their other potential super-spreader events, not the overall US response.

The difference between Trump's national policy on testing and his policy on events he'd personally be attending was like night and day, dude! And he got covid.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; May 5th, 2021 at 09:52 PM.

Oh yeah, that’s true!

I guess it’s probably much harder to defend against bunch of Covid deniers and antimaskers?