Page 300 of 323 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3224

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

LA county now has fewer than 300 people hospitalized with covid. First time since March 2020 that it's been this low.

I’ve picked up some food at local restaurants for the past couple days, from American chain places to local mom and pop Asian places… looks like things are returning to normal. All the places are packed and some even have long lines…

After this long weekend if our numbers continue to stay low, then I can perhaps really feel safer…

Better get ready for crazy inflation.

I feel like that's always on the horizon

Inflation would be another similarity to the Carter administration.

Buckle up for double-digit interest rates next.

(hopefully not)

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Better get ready for crazy inflation.
    I'm not sure we're going to see inflation. Smoe low wage workers may be getting pay raises, but it means a lot of them will be giving up that second or third job.

Our governor says that 71% of adults in CA have had at least their first shot. Between that and the people who've already had it, that's gotta be getting close to 80%.

My parents are now fully vaccinated. Got their second Pfizer dose yesterday. It’s a relief.

Canada is finally getting its act together on the vaccine rollout. Now it’s going blazing fast. First dose of Pfizer and Moderna are widely available, even for kids (Pfizer only I think for kids). Second dose is getting pushed up as well they’re increasing their supply.

That's great to hear, and it is just a huge relief when your parents get it.

Our kids got their second doses of Phizer Phiser Pfizer* yesterday, so our immediate family is done now. We're still wearing masks in grocery stores and such. I'd say there's about a 50/50 mix of mask-wearers and not around here lately, and it's obvious the lower-than-normal traffic due to the pandemic is over now. Traffic really sucks lately** and I officially hate my commute again. I might have to give the train a try one day and see what, if anything, has changed.

*I'd still be trying to spell that if sandydandy hadn't done the job two posts up.

**Yes, Californians, I know you have it worse.
    Last edited by George; June 7th, 2021 at 06:42 PM.