Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

1440p? Are you sure? In here the news are about 1080p/60 and upscaled 4K/30.
    EDIT: yep, got the latest news. Woah, I didn't expect Quad HD 120fps!
    Last edited by Blerpa; September 8th, 2020 at 04:40 AM.

Junior Potato
    I presume it will be using the same video output chip as the X, so itíll support HDMI 2.1 features, including 4K/120 and variable refresh rate. Good for Halo multiplayer and low-spec esports games like PUBG and CS:GO.

And the design is cute as a button. I almost want one, except I already have a much more capable PC that plays literally every game that will come out on these machines.

I'm still trying to decide between a PS5 and XSX, since I don't have a working Windows PC at all let alone one ready for a gaming upgrade.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Gaming PC is always the answer.

To "what is the most expensive and complex option", yes.

For example, I just went on NewEgg to try to build a PC to the recommended specs for the Avengers game, and it was $1400.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; September 9th, 2020 at 04:29 AM.

Junior Potato
    Wait a month for the RTX 3000 series to be released, and that same PC will either cost half as much, or be equipped with a GPU that far exceeds the required specs for the same price.

Also out of curiosity I looked at the minimum specs and found this:

Marvel's Avengers PC recommended specs
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 51600 3.2 GHz
    RAM: 16GB memory
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
    DirectX 12
    HDD: 110GB free space
    I did the same as you, except I swapped the i7 for the newest i5 10400 and got a shopping cart worth $818 USD.

If you aren't fussy you can get stuff pretty cheaply. For example, when I looked at the processor it suggested an ITX motherboard to pair up with it. Going along those lines I looked at ITX cases, and one of the best sellers is the Fractal Node 202 that comes with a built-in power supply for $139.

Of course you could go way higher in price if you buy the fancy stuff. That power supply might be pretty shit, but a really good Corsair SF450 will cost over $110 all by itself.

Junior Potato
    But in all honesty, if I had NO gaming devices right now and wanted something this year, I think the Series S might be the best choice. The only reason I would err is because of racing sims.

Benefits:

- It's a reasonably priced next-gen console
    - Xbox Game Pass is truly good value
    - Instant access to tons of current and future games
    - Upscaled 4K visuals are not bad on a 4K TV
    - Looks cute

Drawbacks:

- No disc drive if you want physical games
    - As above, but for your current games collection back to the OG Xbox via backwards compatibility
    - Won't deliver native 4K or 8K
    - Questionable graphical quality as the generation advances past the current benchmark

It's the console I would be recommending to people until Sony starts to wind up and hit us with some great games.

Junior Potato
    News just to hand (it's getting saucy now)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...p449-in-the-uk

Both consoles November 10th

Series S £249
    Series X £449

And, Microsoft will let you buy them on a payment plan (it's not really good value):

You can get an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, plus 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, for £28.99 a month for 24 months or £20.99 a month for 24 months respectively, via Xbox All Access. In the UK this is exclusive to GAME and Smyths Toys, who act as the credit intermediaries.
    Edit: actually that is reasonably good value when you factor in the cost of Game Pass over 24 months.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; September 9th, 2020 at 05:36 AM.

Junior Potato
    MORE

(Sorry)

I'm now just reading that EA Play is going to be integrated into Xbox Game Pass for all available platforms at no extra cost.

Wait, EA Play is going to be integrated into GamePass? Interesting...