Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Godson - 2022 SCCA Time Trials Max3 build

I've thought about that... And others.

https://www.chasebays.com/collection...41700242849961

Or using to Ford Hydro boost...

I have a few options, for sure.

I should add, the engine mounts that I designed on the chassis side allow for a fair amount of side to side play, and some front to back play, so I should be good to mount it, and if I ditch the booster for more space, it should be too bad to just "slide the engine back"

I definitely like unboosted brakes on a race car, provided I have enough leverage with the pedal ratio. Simply removing the booster from the chain in a 370Z with stock pedals, as an example, is no good. I physically can't push the brake hard enough to generate enough line pressure. Not even once, let alone repeatedly for 20 minutes. The 370Zs have an overboosted brake system IMO, only suitable for gentle street driving with a dainty foot.

That Chasebays product looks pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I definitely like unboosted brakes on a race car, provided I have enough leverage with the pedal ratio. Simply removing the booster from the chain in a 370Z with stock pedals, as an example, is no good. I physically can't push the brake hard enough to generate enough line pressure. Not even once, let alone repeatedly for 20 minutes. The 370Zs have an overboosted brake system IMO, only suitable for gentle street driving with a dainty foot.

That Chasebays product looks pretty cool!
    Factory pedal ratio is 4:1, those apparently increase to 6:1, so I have no idea on pedal force required to get good braking...

I'll ask in the FT forums...

So cool to see the engine in the car.

Hey guys, I am wanting to have some hats made up to further drive the brand of the channel instead of just random hats I own.

Would anyone here be interested in one? I am just trying to get the cost down and to have a few for myself, not looking to make money off anyone. I am thinking about placing the order by the end of the week.

Oh yeah, the design is from our own Cam.

Sure, Iím in for one.

Ok, once I get the colors figured out I'll finalize the idea and let you know a timeline.

In other news...

PXL_20240131_235818047.jpg

Looks tight but it fits! Is there enough clearance to allow for the inevitable engine rocking or are your mounts going to be almost solid?

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Looks tight but it fits! Is there enough clearance to allow for the inevitable engine rocking or are your mounts going to be almost solid?
    There is actually a LOT of space, exhaust manifolds have enough space to easily remove the nuts holding them on without anything crazy. I'll get closer up photos for you guys.

Mounts are fore/aft tilt and currently poly. So side to side motion is zero to minimal. If the torque tube doesn't work out, I'll make appropriate changes and solid mount the engine and transmission.