Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Godson - 2022 SCCA Time Trials Max3 build

So there is more room in the engine bay than I have in the X5. Cool.

I don't know enough to be certain, but I'd imagine having *some* vibration damping inherent in the motor mount materials would be a good thing in general. Poly sounds like a great and easy starting point, and hopefully a final solution.

Latest video is processing and will be live tonight at 2200cst.

https://youtu.be/CbUOKwl_t1s

please give any feedback as for video layout, music, audio. I have made a LOT of changes to the layout, the way I do audio clips, and blending audio clip cuts into one another.

Just a little bit of an update while I wait for parts to show up...I know, I say it everytime I make a post...

I was able to get a 3D scan from a user on FT Club, and that was a MASSIVE help to make up some things. It allowed me the ability to use the scan data, and essentially form my brace to fit the subframe almost perfectly. Please see below.

I *could* have just made this from cardboard, and it might have been faster, but the finished product as this sits is repeatable. Which is super important to me in the case of something failing or getting destroyed in a collision, remeber, this is a track car first and foremost.

Let me know what you think.

Subframe brace.jpg

Subframe brace? Isn't the subframe supposed to do the bracing?

Looks like the transmission brace on the E46, but in a completely different location.