Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Samoht - 2019 McLaren 570GT

Old news now, but our ongoing travel to Hamburg and then home across the North Sea went smoothly.

Evening departure, overnight journey home

Given how well this car works for touring, I may look to replace the Merc with some kind of EV, and rely on the Mac for longer trips. Apart from finding a safe place to leave it at the other end, I really like taking this car for longer trips and given it does 35mpg on non-German motorways, there's no reason no to, the Merc never gets out of the 20s.

I just realised (doh!) that I can connect the phone via Bluetooth, thus making it easy to playback podcasts over the stereo. Yeah, no idea why I didn't consider this sooner but I've never had a car newer than 07 before

On Friday I took the car back to V Engineering, this time for the annual service which was due in June and for them to fix the bits and bobs they spotted back in Spring. It worked out at about 500 for a minor annual service, and 600 for the suspension bits, most of which was the parts from McLaren. So far it's costing less than the RX-7, long may that continue!! Really like visiting V, Steve talking me through the car and the work he's doing, and also ogling the Miura (again), Daytona, a Testarossa with the rear off revealing the notorious engine-over-gearbox layout, etc. Again, they don't permit pics inside for customer privacy, although you can see a bit inside, and see Paul, on this recent Tavarish vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hI1IY782ig&t=1242s .

This afternoon it was too hot for a walk so I went out for a little drive, had some fun, checked the oil and grabbed some pics.

That's cool that you're considering keeping it as a cruiser.

Excellent! That you're enjoying it, and the pictures.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I love this thread.
    acket.

Good stuff. I agree that an EV is the way forward for most local driving.

Those last three photos especially are superb!

Glad it's turning out to be a fairly economical car too. (Maintenance and fuel economy)

35mpg??!!??

Holy hell I'm jealous.

Remember the imperial gallon is 20% larger than the US gallon. Still impressive.