Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Samoht - 2019 McLaren 570GT

Wow. Congratulations!

Hot hot and a lot more hot!

Yeah more time in the seat and the car will shrink around you

No, no... you don't want that expensive piece of awesome engineering to shrink!!! You want to be able to expand and extend yourself and be one with the car! Hummmmmmmmmmmm......

After washing the car last Sunday I was determined to get some photos of it clean in direct sunlight, to see the difference that makes. Of course, I live in England, so arranging that is easier said than done. The first two photo stops I made the sun disobligingly hid behind a cloud, but the third time I watched and waited as the clouds blew across, seeing a gap of blue sky that was shortly to come over and give a window of sunlight. In the grand scheme of things I like how the paint responds to different lighting, but it can be quite teasing if you're trying to get a specific sort of photo!

I had a good drive after taking these pics, getting a little more used to it although it still feels mad when you unleash the power down a small country road. I found a few bits of nice open bends and it's great, although I do think there's quite noticeable bump-steer which can be a little unsettling both to car and driver when cornering at speed on our bumpy roads. I'll mention it to V Engineering when it gets to them on 22nd March, also they should be able to get it MoT'd then too.

The ride is pretty good I think, it can get thrown around a bit occasionally but some of the roads in this area are very uneven, by and large it just laps up the road, really nice feeling when you get into a flow with the car and the road.

Last edited by samoht; February 26th, 2023 at 06:49 AM.

Sorry dude! I donít think washing it make a whole lot of difference! It still has a nice looking ass!

Very nice!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, that really pops.

Any plans to attend any track days? Not necessarily something competitive but just a way to open it up on a closed course.

It was clean in the last pics, but got dirty after that as the roads were wet. So I cleaned it last w/e and then waited to get another set of pics in direct sunlight, vs the overcast conditions of the first set.

I will take it on track, but not for a little while yet, I want to get used to just operating the car, and I want to get the geo done next month. Maybe later this year, or I might wait til next. I'm still waiting for the V5 (registration doc) to come through, that will get me into a couple of owners clubs/forums where there may be some info about events including trackdays.

That's good. From what I've gleaned from videos the Brits do track days in a much more casual and open fashion than we do here. I've always been envious of that.

Congrats.