Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy F1 2023

How will the in-season driver changes affect this?

According to our previous rules, if you drafted De Vries, sucks to suck. You should have predicted it!

(Something like De Vries getting the boot and Ricciardo taking his place, with neither driver being in any other seat all year, would be easy to account for the way the season is currently managed. However, any situations where you would end up with your original driver AND their replacement participating in the same race, or the replacement driver replacing someone else, I don't have a solution for at the moment).
    Get that weak shit off my track

Cool, I didn't remember the rules from the earlier seasons. 👍

Wow, 6 teams picked the guy! Oh well, it's not like these teams lost much... since DV got exactly 0 points so far.

I remember a special clause stating that in the event when the poor race organizing team who's name begins with K ended up outside of top 10, he reserves to right to pick up Daniel Ricciardo for free! We should exercise this clause.

Might as well give Danny boy to RWA and Yobbo as well. Because they just suck so bad at this stage!

Junior Potato
    I have two suggestions (we can implement them in future seasons):

1. If your driver is replaced you get your money back, which you can spend on other drivers. But you only get the points the new drivers earn from that point onwards, and you keep the points your driver earned prior to being booted.

Or

2. Consider each driver choice to be at your own risk and just continue to award points for the seat that the old driver was occupying. This is much simpler and maintains continuity.

I prefer option 2, to be honest. Much less work for the series admin.

I always used to consider it from a seat perspective, rather than a driver, meaning the Debris teams would now get Ricciardo. I don't ever remember a gun driver being brought in to a crappy team like this before though.

Option 2 makes the most sense and easiest to implement.

Even if driver switched teams, you continue to stick with the same seat rather than go with the driver.

Get that weak shit off my track

Dramatic!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Indeed!

Keith, can we 'ave a mid-season assessment of the drivers' values? I'm curious to see how much the Alpine pair have cost me.

Edit: Ffffff! The Alpine pair plus some spare change from under the cushion could have bought me Sergio Friggin' Perez. D'oh!
    Last edited by FaultyMario; July 27th, 2023 at 11:47 AM.
    acket.