Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Yeah Perez not getting into Q3 is going to be a big problem. It’s only .5 sec but that’s an eternity right now.

Side note…Max just passed Ham in career win percentage.
    Last edited by JoeW; May 20th, 2024 at 10:10 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Will the teams deny Andretti entrance now that it has hired the man responsible for the 2026 regulations to its technical team?
    acket.

Now sign Adrian Newey.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The Andretti Gardening team would become a serious contender if that's the case...

If Newey doesn't want to go to Italy, why would he wants Andretti over Williams? Unless he just likes 'new' challenges? Anyway, Andretti basing it's operations in UK could be a plus for Newey.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 21st, 2024 at 12:04 PM.

Annoyed a bit by the announcers today while watching FP1/2 today. Russell had messaged in about a bad vibration under braking going down to the chicane. The announcers kind of took some swings at him by implying nothing seemed to be wrong and drivers often over complain when they aren’t driving well.

I watched the replay back a few times and you could clearly see a quite serious high frequency vibration in his steering wheel. If I saw it, at least look at the replay before saying it’s in his head.

Can we please stop going to Monaco…FP1 is more exciting. So bad.

Omfg that was insanely boring.

I'm happy for Charles.

But yeah, a "race" in which the top ten drivers all finish in the positions they started doesn't have much to recommend it.

However, Monaco has a lot of special history with F1, so I think it would be a shame to drop it before at least making some serious efforts to improve the racing.

I have a pet theory that running the circuit in the opposite direction (anti-clockwise) would work better - you'd have a big stop into Antony Noghes at the end of the start/finish straight, you could zig-zag left-right at the first opportunity after Tabac instead of through the Nouvelle Chicane to give a long flat out run up through the tunnel to Portier, and Sainte Devote would be more of a braking zone and thus opportunity if approached downhill.

Otherwise you have to start doing more involved things perhaps involving structures built out over the water.

With a determined approach I think you could combine the historic track with some actual racing, which would be the best of both worlds.

Ocon…not impressed.
    Perez…5th in the WDC is not going to be good enough.
    Tsunoda…looking like he wants a RBR job.
    Kmag/Perez…dudes…wtf. Perez moved over on him after checking his mirrors…but Mag, wtf do you think you were going to do there?
    Max…echoing my thoughts by asking for a pillow during the race due to the boredom.
    LeClerc…finally got one. This should give him some confidence moving forward. Well done.
    Piastri interview was full of digs about the lack of action due to the size of the cars.