Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    If red bull are thought to have engineered horner's exit, shit gun get ugly.

Zak will not stop until he is eating ice cream off Team Faenza's empty skull.

Renault, who have been denied the chance to level up their engines, are also hungry for some red bull blood.
    acket.

Honestly this is the perfect year for it to happen. Let Max have another WDC then the whole thing will collapse as all the employees bail out.

Check this shit out. Fastest filming drone in the world.

https://youtu.be/9pEqyr_uT-k?si=YeA3KbypCsoLszwn

Wow! The drone sounds like a proper F1 car!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    They have Danica doing commentary about a series she's never even come close to being a part of? Glad I stopped watching it.
    I mean, Will Buxton's also doing interviews in it?

Will Buxton has been covering F1 in print and on camera since 2010 and before that he covered GP2 since 2005. His presence is based on expertise and an informed perspective. Danica is there because she got almost naked in a magazine 20 years ago.

Well TBF she has more actual racing experience than anyone here And Will Buxton...
    Last edited by JoeW; February 28th, 2024 at 05:06 AM.

Everyone knows that US racing experience doesn't count when it comes to F1.
    Get that weak shit off my track

See, Keith gets it.

That's the whole premise of Drive to Survive, right? Inside access and perspectives of those close to the series?
    Danica makes as much sense as Dale Jr or any other overexposed racer-turned-media personality that nobody in F1 pays any mind to.

I can't remember what season I stopped watching DTS but there was a female F1 journo brought in to make cliched statements about racing that could be spliced into any situation throughout the year. I imagine Danica was more recognizable to US audiences and was brought in for that role.

It's an entertainment show that makes little effort towards telling an accurate story so it doesn't really matter.; they can do what they want.
    I'm genuinely surprised that someone here thinks Will Buxton has less relevance to F1 than Danica Patrick and it brought me onto this tangent.

No one here thinks that. You inferred that on your own. Danica has more on track experience than Will...which is what Tom was alluding to I believe in a chiding manner. Then you basically downgraded any of her racing experience (whatever the series) by saying she is only anywhere on camera due to being naked in a magazine. When I cheekily replied that she has more racing experience than anyone here...including Will.

I think you are doubling down on getting bent out of shape for no reason. I already said I'm no fan of hers...but the fact remains...she has raced professionally at a very high level in a few different series. No one says she has less relevance than Will commenting on F1, she just has infinitely more professional racing experience

As much bravado as some of us may have regarding our driving prowess, we are scrubs compared to her

In addition, they aren't getting her opinion about anything F1 driving related...it's basic comments about racing in general. She's not saying the downforce is this, the g forces that...it's things like how the teams have hope and anticipation before the first race of the season etc.
    Last edited by JoeW; February 28th, 2024 at 06:05 AM.