Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Junior Potato
    Looks like a jumbled mess, the same as last year’s livery.

Yeah, not the best looking McLaren but if they can continue to challenge for wins, I don’t really care how they look!

There does seem to be a trend of drivers staying with teams longer, which I guess 2024's unchanged lineup is the culmination of.

Senna, Prost and Mansell all averaged less than three years between team moves.

Schumacher drove for four teams over 20 years, so average five years per stint; Hakkinen also five.

Hamilton has driven for two teams over 16 years, so eight years/team. Verstappen could be considered to have driven for either one or two teams over his decade so far, depending how you see Toro Rosso.

The only exception is good old Fernando, who's on his eighth stint over 24 years, so more in keeping with the drivers of the past.

(Numbers may be slightly arguable depending how you interpret sabbaticals etc, but the averages do paint the picture).

Nowadays the #SillySeason is more about which team principal is in, out, up or down.

Ever dwindling # of teams meant less options for drivers and contributed to the drivers to stay longer?

There could also mean some really talented drivers might have been washed out of F1 prematurely in lousy teams unable to go anywhere else?

If Renault designed a car particularly bad for Schumacher, things might not have worked out for him? Likely, if Vettel had a bad Toro Roso car for him and/or faced Ricciardo earlier in his career, he might never move up to Redbull?

If Cudaman could get the opportunity to drive for RedBull Renault earlier, it might’ve been him who’s the multi champ rather than Vettel!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

And the Oscar for Worst Name Ever of a F1 team goes to...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    this one is tacky... i think one of the stillborn projects of around the time of Haas' entrance had a worse name.
    acket.

Have to agree Visa Red Bull sounds weird.

Visa should sponsor Williams. Visa Williams sounds like some top notched tennis star!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Have to agree Visa Red Bull sounds weird.

Visa should sponsor Williams. Visa Williams sounds like some top notched tennis star!
    Is not Visa Red Bull.
    It is Visa Cash App RB.

And Red Bull has gone great lenght in the last few days to underline in interviews that "RB" does *NOT* means Red Bull: allegedly it should just mean RB as the chassis is named that way. Realistically it should be related to Racing Bulls monicker... but Red Bull denies that.