Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

When the Haas team principal cut in during an F1 race a few years ago to tell the driver to stop complaining on the radio because the entire team could hear him bad mouthing them is when I realized that everyone could hear.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Also if there's a long safety car we can get bored and talk about whatever on the radio.
    And it can be an opportunity to plug the sponsor

https://www.tiktok.com/@bubbawallace...09476814458158

I just noticed our orange ex-president showed up at the pit of the orange team McLaren in Miami?

Wow! Did he MMGA? Made McLaren Great Again?

Man, I can’t wait til the next race to see where McLaren is at relative to others… was that for real or just a one off?

Based on qualifying results, looks like McLaren’s for real!

RB hasn’t really imploded yet, but clearly it’s no longer as dominant as before?

Ferrari is really going all out, hiring bunch of key folks from other teams…. Whatever happened to cost caps?

Anyway, I wonder what’s the key reason for McLaren’s resurgence. Besides those couple of amazing drivers, who are the next generation of Newey/Brawn types?

Not sure if anyone watched the pre race interviews…but watching the Sky F1 presenters get ready to talk to Max as he walks onto the track…he’s currently interviewing with someone who doesn’t have credentials to get on the grid…hilariously security just grabs the guy by arm and drags him off the grid. It was quite a funny moment.

Missing Crofty a LOT. Such a distinct voice and energy that can’t be matched.

So…more like a 99% chance of safety car

Brilliant race at the end. So close.

New announcer sucks btw.
    Last edited by JoeW; May 19th, 2024 at 08:07 AM.

Administrator
    That was a great race. I can't even remember the last time I tensed up like that near the end of the race, trying to will someone on.

When HAM was dominating, we had Max as underdog to make things interesting. Now Max is dominating, glad we have Lando! I wonder exactly what is faster, Lando or his new car? When he was ahead of Max, Lando could pull away. When he was behind Max, Lando could close the gap…

Anyway, it is increasingly look like RB’s dominance is ending… things should get more interesting.

Good to see McLaren back in contention, instead of circling the drain, like Williams are still doing.

With cars now the size of small continents, Imola isn't an ideal track, but that could have been worse.

I listened to the Sky feed and found the race pretty boring until near the end. Maybe F1TV would have been the better choice this time. I go back and forth. I like Karun's insights, I think Jolyon is really good, and whenever Button is in the booth it's a bonus. For the host, I can go either way on Crofty or Jacques. This new guy seemed OK for a first try. Far better than I could do.

Both channels switch up their color commentators so much I never know who I'm gonna get. It's a crap shoot.

-

Now that McLaren and Ferrari have significantly closed the gap to RedBull and made it close, Sergio being a few tenths slower than Max may no longer be good enough...

I was super impressed seeing Lando smoothly drift the back end of his car in the closing laps, driving a loose car well. Seems the new McLaren has a real strong front end now. Piastri was minimal with his steering lock all weekend too.