Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "chunk missing" from the tire bead?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    My Kia Sorento has AWD, but over time, tire wear at the front is still much faster, so that’s telling me that AWD is probably rarely engaged. I just have to balance things out with tire rotations.
    Just to point out, tire wear is a result of many factors not just driven wheels. Alignment, weight, condition of the dampers/bushings, pressures, etc. I imagine the Sorento is front-heavy which would probably be a major contributor to front tire wear, AWD or not.

Yeah, of course, but I had always assumed that all things(tires) being equal, the drive wheels will experience additional tire wear during acceleration?

Of course under braking, front tires will likely end up wearing more too as weight shifts to the front! (Front brakes are typically larger than rear brakes too)

My S2000 has wider tires in the back and will always end up going bald before the front ones. So that’s how I assumed drive wheels probably contributed to most of tire wear.

Now I’m curious how my new Jeep will wear out its tires… should still be front biased but if my assumption is right, all 4 tires should wear more evenly together? We’ll see.

I was going to make some comments about tires and whatnot, but all of my comments have already been touched on by multiple people.

Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Dang.

First one is a hard fucking no for me.

Second one is probably my worse in person, but I'd send it at first look. For a customer, no chance.

So does that shit just happen sometimes on 4-year-old tires, or did the tire shop just do a big oopsie?
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

It can always happen on a dismount.

I have absolutely shredded beads on removal before. There are things you can do to prevent it, but sometimes it just isn't possible.