Page 223 of 224 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2233

Thread: iRacing

Got the triples temporarily hooked up. OMG, THIS IS LIFE-CHANGING.

Junior Potato
    Good! Set your angles and stuff!

And ensure you enable SMP/MVP using 3-scene projection in the monitor settings!

I want pics!

My monitor stand arrived today and I got everything set up. Pretty cool. I think I'm just about at peak sim racing cockpit. Sure, there are things I could buy to make it even better, but I have everything I want, I think. Heusinkveld pedals are not in the budget right now.

Junior Potato
    Quote: "Right now"

Uh-huh.

I topped 3K iR again. If it goes any higher, it will be the highest it has ever been.

Junior Potato
    Here's a dub I got last week. Oh my fuck I am in love with the Gen 4 stock car.

Playing around in ARCA with the AI trying to get some semblance of experience in these things.
    Found out pit lane in oval isn't the same as in road racing. Or maybe it was the fast lane? Mick?

Last edited by Yobbo NZ; February 23rd, 2024 at 07:01 PM.

Junior Potato
    AFAIK there’s no real organisation of the pit lane in stock car racing. If you watch a replay of a green flag stop from last week’s Daytona 500 you’ll see the cars pitting in groups to maintain a slipstream and they all seem to arrange themselves as chaotically as possible, but that’s a result of having to brake from 200 mph to get to the 65 mph speed limit and not run into anyone.

If you’re feeling polite you can drive along that lane on the right so that your competitors can see their pit box and not hinder their approach, but there’s no real rules on it.

What I ment, but didn't say, normally cars are ghosted in road pits. Wondering if it's a thing in oval where they're not ghosted?
    I even read you can be protested successfully driving in the pit boxes to get to yours.

Junior Potato
    Ohhhhh ok I see what you mean. Cars are only ghosted when you’re driving through the pit boxes.

What’s funny is I did not know that cars are ghosted across the whole pit lane on road courses

I actually like having solid cars in the pits as it adds another layer of interest. When I did the Daytona 500 last weekend we did one green flag pit stop and it was really exciting. I had to really watch for traffic on the way out because everyone was trying to get a good exit.