Page 215 of 231 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2308

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    I got another motherfuckin win, this time with a blown engine.

Here’s the last lap. No victory burnouts because no motor

Did you get a "Sorry" or threatened with violence? 🤣

Junior Potato
    Haha! Nah it was actually quite amicable. At first I was miffed because I thought heíd pushed high or done something on purpose, so I kept my mouth closed until I saw the replay. Heíd been doing some douchey moves but nothing egregious and I was never in danger. In the end it was hard racing and a classic NASCAR finish. I guess Iím lucky that my tail whipped and sent him as well, because if he took advantage after that Iíd be a bit dark on it, but ultimately nothing I could have done.

The thing Iím most thankful for is that I had momentum to let the car roll across the line

He knew I was pushing him. I caught his ass and sat on the bumper for 15 laps waiting for the opening. He was trying different things to gain an extra few tenths but none of it worked, and I sat on my line with a low entry the whole time. On the final lap I was planning to do the over-and-under and pass on his inside exiting turn 2, so I went high to start with. When he kept it tight and gave me the high side I knew heíd already lost the race and gladly took my invitation to waltz by in his right. That set up the final corner and that final, glorious, messy showdown.

Junior Potato
    Damn what a week

Yaaaaayy!

Congrats Mick!!!

Uh, question, why you and many others did pass on the inside road, is that allowed in your series or in general?
    I saw a car plunge in and thought he had to pit, but then he came out of the bend in the straight along with the others and so it happened others, you included, did it in the other laps.
    Genuinely curious!

I've been busy with ACC, life and goddamn summer heat (the studio where is the PC is the only room in the house without AC, it is terrible during summer. I partially solved it recently with a portable AC a mate gifted me), but I'm going to be back to iRacing from this evening till end of August with the first iRacing closed League organized by my community... in road (plus 2 ovals) with Legend cars!
    It's going to be a blast, I hope LOL

They're fun on road courses. Just wish Iracing would add a series for that.

I did the Aussie SoF race again this morning. I was in top split and got clobbered. I was the slowest qualifier. I was last after lap one. Finished 21st simply by attrition. :shrug:

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Congrats Mick!!!

Uh, question, why you and many others did pass on the inside road, is that allowed in your series or in general?
    I saw a car plunge in and thought he had to pit, but then he came out of the bend in the straight along with the others and so it happened others, you included, did it in the other laps.
    Genuinely curious!
    Thanks Blerpa

Bruce Cup is set up as a meme series. Basically the only driving standards rule is that you donít intentionally wreck anyone. Everything else is fair game. Earlier in the race I was leading the dragon along the pit entry before pulling back across the pit wall and onto the track at the last minute to break the tow, same as what had been causing controversy in the Indy 500 a few months ago. It caused a massive wreck that took out the entire field

Earlier in the night we did a race at Atlanta and five people entered using the Jaguar F1 livery. During pace laps they lined up five wide across the circuit as a show of force, and one of them ended up winning!

Qualifying is an open 10 minute session with all cars on track simultaneously, and this leads to lots of games being played to get the best tow in a slipstreaming pack.

Also if you didnít notice, we do starts in rows of three, which is unsupported by iRacingís system. The pole sitter must take the pole position, but the rest of the field is allowed to organise themselves however they want as long as we are all 3-by-3. When itís one to green we hold back to let the pace car get a gap, and before we get to turn 4 the race admin will count down to green flag, so we do a flying start to the line like the old days.

Hereís the full broadcast if you want to see more.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1873325982

Can anyone join these shenanigans?
    If so, is it AU time friendly and where do you find out what's happening?
    I tried all his socials and didn't find any info.