Page 231 of 236 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2360

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I still can't get over the hump of buying a gaming PC, even with telling myself I'll use it for photo and video editing. The fact everyone will yell at me if it's just another laptop doesn't help, because I would hate having to choose between racing on a little screen instead of my TV or editing on my TV preventing me from doing anything else on the TV at the same time. And I'm not getting two new PCs!

Forza is slowly getting better, and I'm so much more interested in photography than sim racing right now, I think my iRacing itch has subsided for now.
    Keith, donít listen to him either.

Don't some people use gaming laptops for iRacing, plugged into a larger monitor on a desk? Last I checked monitors were pretty cheap.

Oh for sure, but any time I talk about getting a laptop instead of a desktop, I get shamed/guilted by the people I go to (both here and local friends). Everyone makes good points about value and upgrade-ability, too.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Nurburgring 24 went pretty well, despite us being the lowest-rated team in the split. We were the slowest qualifier and gridded P14 out of 17 Porsche Cup cars. We stayed mostly clean and consistent. We finished P6. Pretty good result considering. Looking through the other splits, it looks like we were one of the cleanest teams. One other team (GT3) had an equal number of incidents, 23x. We were the safest PCup team, for sure.

Congratulations Cam. That is no result to frown about, especially at the Green Hell!
    Also considered you were on the Porsche Cup, not exactly an easy car to take care for 24 hours straight.

We have embarked in a Indycar league on Dallara IR-18 created by a team we know (and I'm part of the league staff, too), had first race last thursday... 60 minutes at Sebring.
    I like that track but I cannot be good in it, especially with this car: mostly skill issue.
    I qualified 11 out of 15 - first race bad turn out, we should be 22 - and only because three people did not qualify.
    I ended up finishing 10th in the race (4th in the AM class) and I was wrenched and sweaty by the end of the race: rarely I've been so tense in order to take home a top 10, last laps were an exercise of concentration and keeping the 11th spot car at a safe 3-4 seconds gap.

But that's done and dusted and next thursday we are doing the 200 Miles of Indianapolis.
    Tension, tension... TENSION!!!
    Last edited by Blerpa; May 19th, 2024 at 02:17 PM.

Wow! Best wishes, Blerpa!

Thanks Cam! I'll try to survive!

Btw, the guy behind the creation of this league is a bonafide Indycar buff, he can go by memory on any Indycar (IRL, Champ, Cart and so on) fact with a passion that is contagious.
    He tried to recreate a "realistically" adapted short calendar for the league - it is only 8 races long - with classic tracks, 3 ovals, 4 circuits and one street track.
    Since it is the inaugural season he is worried that everyone will manage... there are people that have bought the car just the afternoon of the first race - notwithstanding the fact we have done preseason host races for a month before the start of the league to get everyone ready - pff, people, right?
    So, even if a bit doubtful, he added 1 Fast Repair per race in the rules to help people.
    He is not a fan of FR but since it is the first season of the league, since it is the first time for a good quarter of the field racing this car and so on.
    Some drivers have actually voiced their concerns and would prefer a league without any kind of Fast Repair.
    I dunno really, I understand the motives behind the choice, yet I know danger is behind the corner - I've seen the Maconi 125 Indy just yesterday and all splits were awful, since having 1 FR people did get more reckless and that resulted in big shunts and carnage with a too relaxed attitude.

What are your thoughts on FR in private leagues? Ironically enough when we did our Legends Road/Oval League there were no FR in place.

Junior Potato
    Running the IR-18 at Indy is a ton of fun.

Be weary of fuel use (if following you canít pass because of aero so just run a lower map and try pass in the pits with a shorter fuel stop).

And I recommend mapping a pair of buttons to adjust your weight jacker on the fly.

Junior Potato
    I just finished the Coke 600 in iRacing. 400 laps of NASCAR Cup Series at Charlotte. It is iRacing's longest solo race, 600 miles and 4.5 hours depending on cautions.

I was in 3rd split, car #20, and qualified 15th, but started from pit lane to avoid wrecks and cruise around before giving it the jandal.

I came third!

Here's what it looked like:

Junior Potato
    And here's what the car looked like