Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    I have a 4K telly but I run it in 1080p/120Hz mode for teh frameratez. Yours might be able to do the same, or else just keep it in 1080/60 mode. Alt+Tabbing is pretty seamless, however with iRacing it always comes back windowed and I can't full screen it unless I quit and relaunch.

Junior Potato
    Just another Sebring first corner. Three unconnected incidents turning into one massive quagmire. I'm the orange McFerrari.

To maximize (go full screen) a window in Windows, press alt-enter.
    Last edited by Cam; March 28th, 2021 at 04:59 AM.

It was a rough go at the VRS GT Enduro today. Oddly, there was no qualifying. We started 34th. I got wrecked on lap two. I continued, but I was down a bit on top speed. My first pit stop necessitated almost three minutes of repairs. The very next lap after leaving the pits, I got caught up in another incident, damaging the car a bit. Pro tip: if you wreck, hold your brakes on until you stop. I brought the car up to 17th, and my bro got in the car at the 1.5 hour mark. He did great on his first tank of fuel, bringing the car back up to 15th. Alas, he spun three times in the same place. We finished 15th. Things could have went much better. At several points in the race, we caught and passed cars that were a lap up. Oh well. We look forward to next week at Daytona!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    To maximize (go full screen) a window in Windows, press alt-enter.
    Derp! Of course. Thank you.

Now to contrast your unfortunate race, here’s a really good one! Now that I’ve got a B licence I’ve decided that if I get into a close fight I will turn up the offence a little bit and be more a little bit more aggressive. And I had a really satisfying race this morning doing just that.

My confidence in driving close to other cars needs to improve otherwise I just sit meekly behind for the whole race, or become a danger to other cars if I can’t judge distances properly. I’m still happy to do that if I see no clear passing opportunities, and a week ago I would have stayed behind this pack doing nothing.

This was incredible fun, and no other game has delivered the feeling of participating in motorsport quite like this game has.

Junior Potato
    I went out on a limb and purchased the Porsche RSR along with some tracks for next week.

This meant I could enter an IMSA race. So I went out on an even longer limb and tried my luck at Sebring in the dark for my first ever multiclass race. And I had one lap of practice.

I stayed out of qualifying and gridded 28th out of 30. By the end of lap 1 I had safely let everyone by and just looked after my own race. I was chasing a BMW that was a bit slow and erratic and was constantly stuffing up a few corners.

The first LMP to pass us reached my tail end on the approach to the hairpin, so I let him by and slotted in behind, just in time for the BMW to spin out on the apex and nearly do a Suez and take out the leader. The two of us stopped momentarily while we waited for the giant Bavarian monstrosity to roll onto the grass.

Later that lap the following LMPs whizzed by on entry into Le Mans and I decided that this was the most exciting thing. I made up a spot on lap 10 when a car towed to the pits with damage, but then ran off at the hairpin when I locked the wheels under braking earning myself my only incident point. Did you know that GTEs don't have ABS? Gotta keep reminding myself of this fact.

I made up some more spots through incidents, and pitted on lap 16 after a few laps of mental arithmetic to figure out how many minutes remain and how much fuel that would require. Turns out I got it spot on because I finished with about a lap of fuel remaining. I was 23/30 overall and 13/19 in class.

And it was a nice surprise to see that this earned me my A licence!

Cool! Nicely done. Do you own Spa-Francorchamps?

Junior Potato
    Yes, it was the first track I bought.

Do you have Nurburgring Combined? I have just the team series for us, Mick! https://members.iracing.com/jforum/p...t/3796005.page

Sundays at 01:00 GMT would be perfect, I think. That is 21:00 on Saturday night for me and 11-12:00 on Sunday for you, I think. Four hours at the ring! First race is the 18th of April. You would probably have to get another car, unless you are OK with Mazda Cup. I'm OK with Mazda Cup.
    Last edited by Cam; March 29th, 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Junior Potato
    Iím in. Tell me what car to buy because I donít wanna drive Mazda Cup for that long

And I just purchased the second half of the ĎRing puzzle last night. After I did my IMSA race I went and put a half a tank of fuel through the 488 GT3 on the 24H layout in the dark!