Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Administrator
    Our car is not small. WTF.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Surprisingly though apparently it is smaller than the F-150?

Administrator
    CSD only has the supercrew version of the F-150, then they're really similar in length, though the F-150 is taller.

Looking at that, I will say a positive for the Cybertruck. The stupidly tall front-ends of a lot of modern trucks, like the F-150, are deadly.

On the other hand, I have a feeling the F-150 is still more useful as an actual truck.

Yeah, Cybertruck definitely seems 'smaller' than those other full size real trucks/SUVs.

After a few years of them getting quality under better control and if they also can stick an ICE(range extender) in the truck bed, then maybe I'd consider getting it someday. The main deal breaker for me right now is its lack of tow range. Of course even if Elon solved the lack of tow range problem, it'll still need it to be cheap enough for me to afford it!

For now, I guess I can only afford 3 and Y for now..., but I'm not in the market for a new car though. Sorry Elon.

The Cybertruck is theoretically more efficient length-wise than that F-150, as it's 6.5" shorter in spite of a 6" longer bed, but 3.7" less combined front and rear legroom.

But yes, I'd be surprised if the F-150 isn't more useful for actual truck things.

Tesla just announced 0.99% financing for 72 months on the Model Y through the end of the month, which certainly makes it more tempting for me, owner of an 11 year old CX-5.

Sadly, it is now not economical for you guys in the US to buy Chinese EVs, which are unquestionably currently the best in the world. I'm talking real next-level stuff.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; May 14th, 2024 at 03:58 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Sadly, it is now in economical for you guys to buy Chinese EVs, which are unquestionably currently the best in the world. I'm talking real next-level stuff.
    Yes they are! And you know bought a bunch of these?

MY NEXT PRESIDENT!
    acket.

Good stuff, brother!!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I know I've been posting a lot of random videos of the Cybertruck, but this one was interesting to me for one specific reason. Matt Farah previously stated the Cybertruck wouldn't pass pedestrian safety requirements....THEN he found out in the U.S., there is no such thing! Why am I not surprised. Also, this means the Cybertruck will probably never be sold outside of the U.S. (luckily for the rest of the world).

It also goes on to show how generally unsafe the sharp edges are. I've seen at least 4 different people on youtube say they've walked by the truck and got scrapes or clothes torn just by getting too close to it.