Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Science

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    If anyone has had the misfortune of actually watching it then please elaborate on what the fuck he’s talking about.
    I can elaborate on the science part of it and why the Periodic Table is arranged the way it is.

But I can't elaborate on how certian properties have been figured out because I'm not a phycisist.

And I ain't fuckin watching his interivew to see why he is wrong if I already know he is wrong.

Professor Dave does a marvelous job picking apart "Terryology".

Administrator
    Boy, that end bit about the kind of people who hear that and believe it, and who immediately give credence to dissenting voices just because they're dissenting, really rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I can elaborate on the science part of it and why the Periodic Table is arranged the way it is.

But I can't elaborate on how certian properties have been figured out because I'm not a phycisist.
    Different levels of energy.

When Newton figured out that sunlight has colors he put the single color through another prism and learned that it is not changing again.
    So that was the bottom of it.
    Particle physics use the same method, downside is that smaller parts need bigger meters.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Boy, that end bit about the kind of people who hear that and believe it, and who immediately give credence to dissenting voices just because they're dissenting, really rings a bell.
    Yes, it seems like a lot of people really love the idea that they've "found" something that other people haven't, it makes them feel like they're more "clever" and knowledgable. I think this is especially true of people who...let's say didn't do well in school, or didn't understand certain things. So another explanation comes along that they CAN understand, even if it's 100% bullshit, they'll be like "oh, that makes sense to me, clearly ALL OF THESE PEOPLE are wrong".

I don't know if there should be a new term for those kinds of people. Mind gaps filled with logical fallacies that aren't viable when using the scientific method.

We should be focusing on teaching critical thinking and the scientific method in schools because it's clearly lacking....whether by design or otherwise.

Administrator
    What's the most frustrating is when it's something that took forever for society to solve and then, when it did and made people's lives massively better, goldfish-brained folks come wandering along and fuck it up. Vaccines are an incredibly strong example of that. Suddenly, diseases that have plagued mankind and often killed tons of people are almost eradicated, and then some dipshit sees a youtube video and makes their own and it spreads like its own virus to a bunch of people and now the disease is back and killing kids again.

Conspiracy theorists are super entertaining and I have a special place in my heart for them, but occasionally their dipshittery literally means the difference between life and death.

We have a friend who's terminally ill from cancer. She has a caretaker, and he is constantly telling her to eschew modern medicine and that she really just needs Ivermectin and raw celery. It's fucked up.

Junior Potato
    If raw celery worked, the medical industry would have a hard time making money.

Administrator
    That's literally part of her caretaker's pitch. "They" hide it from you so they can make money from an illness.

For what it's worth, our friend has now fallen so far down the various rabbit holes that she's currently on a mental illness hold at UCLA medical center. Michele's been making meals for her and driving them down to her for the past month or so, just a week's worth of food, and then she didn't respond about when she should deliver the next ones. Took a while to find out it's because she's 5150'd.

Our friend has a group of friends that are trying to be supportive during her illness. Some are rational and some are lunatics. It's led to some interesting moments, including this one.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, one doctor I follow on twitter had someone reply to him that "Viruses aren't real"

I think you guys are too close minded.

Not that I totally agree with Howard’s saying, but I can have an open mind about it… the main issue I have with him is that why don’t you just keep working on your ideas and stop trying the tell others about it.

Nicolas Tesla doesn’t just go talk about his ideas, inventions or patents. He actually gets things done!

Can you also imagine if Elon goes around preaching about EVs and reusable rockets and talked about having all sorts of patents for making the world greener and colonizing Mars…

Enough with the talk. Start walking please!

Anyway, as for the anti-conspiracy theory folks like you guys, you guys are just so absolutely certain that this amazing universe cannot possibly be intelligently designed, but humanity is capable of developing totally safe vaccines without any possibility that big pharma might screwed something up… and it’d be impossible for scientists to accidentally leaked out Covid19 from a lab in China.

There’s really no hard evidences either way. What gave you guys so much confidence that you must be right and the folks on the other side must be wrong?

Personally I’m agnostic about it, but still leaning more to lab leak. I have also taken multiple covid vaccines during the pandemic, but I’m not sure if I’d take all available covid vaccines in the future. Flu shots sure, covid vaccines regularly? Even if the vaccines are not harmful to me, why should big pharma continue to make big bucks at this stage?

I’d recommend a wait and see attitude before making final judgement.

Einstine’s theory of relativity took a long time to actually prove. Albert Has also had his Terrence Howard moments too. Einstein wasn’t always right. We’re only human. Don’t jump to conclusions so quickly.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 27th, 2024 at 02:29 PM.