Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Salty/Spicy Snacks aka something for TSG to drool over.

My burrito today was accidentally made with lettuce replacing the cilantro. So bland. Almost couldn't finish it, it was so disappointing. Never again.

Quite often I will have one pork tamale and one pork taco. $3.99 and enough for a simple meal. And delicious.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; December 11th, 2015 at 08:52 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

A lack of cilantro is definitely grounds for dismissal!

Last night we sat outside in the cold with chorizo burritos at the all-night Mexican food place after the PMJ show in town. I really miss living downtown, close to places like that. So cool just sitting on the street at midnight watching life go by. Plus, chorizo.

OTOH, it's a lot less expensive now that we're not eating a fourth meal every day. Heh.

I love me some fourth meal time.

Delivered to a Chili's yesterday. They had ordered two cases of cilantro. Grabbed two of the cases off of the stack on the skid and took them inside and put them in their cooler. Went back out to get the next load and by the time I get back inside two employees are talking about how the cilantro doesn't smell right. I walk back in the cooler and realize why the cilantro doesn't smell right, it's because it was parsley(which was meant for the next delivery at a TGI's directly across the street). Oops, my bad. The parsley and cilantro come in identical boxes and they were all in the same stack. Heh.

At work we sell an amazing amount of sausage and brats. Last week I decided to see what we had in the case and walked out with Cranberry-walnut sausage, habanero sausage(which is pretty damned good), loaded baked potato sausage, sage dressing stuffed sausage(left over from Thanksgiving) and Christmas sausage(Polish sausage that is HEAVILY garliced). Not a clunker in the bunch.

Man, I could really go for some tubular meat right now. I don't think we've got any in the house at all.

Bought a couple tubes of liver sausage. Took one out of the freezer and realized that it would do a lot of damage if it hit somebody. Shit was frozen solid.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I tried this today and I agree with the author that the meat is still a problem. Other than that, it was a big improvement over the normal McD's. Also, a bit pricier.

http://ny.eater.com/2015/8/4/9097115...eview-sietsema

Lay's is doing something called "Flavor Swap" and has a new flavor called "Fiery Roasted Habanero". Tried them yesterday and they are pretty darned good.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I realized you can get fancy and make some salty/spicy/mouthwatering escalivada/pisto/ratatouille, keep it in the fridge and just serve some on a slice of bread/potato/cucumber as needed.
    acket.