Page 2461 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 1461196123612411245124592460246124622463 ... LastLast
Results 24,601 to 24,610 of 24631

Thread: Politics

Well, my theory is that 'everyone' can be and probably is biased somewhat. We're just unaware of our own bias... we think we're right and everyone else who sees differently is wrong.

Now while I do often times think that I'm right and others are wrong, but at least I don't ignore others and shut myself inside a bubble. I do appreciate others who challenge me and keeping me in check. I think that's why I think diversity of ideas is super important. While I can choose to believe whatever I want to believe, it's important for me to also sample all other ideas and see of other ideas make more sense rather than living inside an echo chamber. Yes, there can only be one truth, however, should there only be 1 narrative? All other narratives ought to be silenced or ignored? Why? So if there an idiot who believes in flat earth... so what? Sure, you might want to ignore or avoid the guy, but there's no need to get super upset at that idiot, right?

Of course for those use ignore feature to save their own sanity because Billi is just too annoying, that's certainly cool. I am a contrarian and I like to talk about controversial stuffs, but I do not want to cause others to go insane of course.

BTW, watched most of the Putin interview, didn't really learn anything new. One question that sort of woke me up was when Tucker asked if Putin is really a Christian and why would a Christian be this violent? Clearly Putin is only just a Orthodox Christian by heritage. He doesn't really see God's hand at work during various stages of human development. He's using self defense as justification for violence..., but it's kind of a bull crap.

While I do believe US/NATO antagonized Russia... Maybe Hunter Biden was in cahoots with the Ukrainian Nazis, but fact of the matter is that you invaded 1st. That is not self defense!

My feelings for Putin/Xi/Trump the dictator types remain the same. While they do have their good qualities, but history has shown us time and time again dictators cannot be trusted because absolute power doesn't mix well with human beings.

My feelings for USA/DNC establishment also remain the same. I still favor them a bit more, but they're also full of shit hypocrites. In the name of spreading freedom and democracy, they'd covertly setup dictators around the world and use violence whenever it suits them. One thing that really bugged me was Bill Clinton initially thought it'd be great for Russia to join NATO, but then after a 'meeting', Clinton said, 'sorry, no way Putin.' It was just like when I 1st voted for Obama thinking that I was voting for a younger and more energetic Bernie Sanders at 1st..., but after a 'meeting' with the real bosses, oops, sorry. Nevermind. Our elected officials are not really the ones in charge of anything.

Anyway, it was a really long interview, but I really didn't learn anything new other than a long ass Russian history lessons.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 9th, 2024 at 09:51 AM.

Anyone catch the Tucker Carlson interview of Vladimir Putin?

I'm avoiding it for fear of getting "red-pilled".

Administrator
    I haven't seen it, but everything I'm reading is that it's two hours of him ranting while Carlson looks on with his normal befuddled gaze. Carlson didn't ask about accusations of war crimes or attacks on civilians in Ukraine, barely asked about the WSJ reporter who's been imprisoned for nearly a year there, or really much of anything else, he just let Putin go on a two hour long rambling speech. From what I gather the first 30 minutes were just Putin giving a revisionist history of Russia. As I hear it, even Carlson was getting tired of it and wrapped up the interview after two hours when Putin was more than happy to keep on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It is, but the thing is that the biased people population is expanding and a lot of people don't realize they're in that category. The internet's really accelerated the whole thing, especially platforms like Twitter and TikTok.
    True dat.

Poland started WWII.
    (interview, short version)

E,
    extended for clarity.
    Last edited by mk; February 10th, 2024 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    But that'd be ableist, wouldn't it?

I think what you want is to limit the amount of time a person can serve.

Clarence Thomas' multiple conflicts of interests shows that a dude does become insensitive to the needs of "The People" and, in his particular case, he has overstayed his welcome.

For like a decade.
    I believe it's ageist. I'm pretty sure Ableist is for disabilities.

Also, yes. Thomas is clearly on the take.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Waymo car set on fire in San Francisco: https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco...20Elias%20said.

Waiting in vain for Bloomberg "IS CALIFORNIA/AMERICA A FAILED STATE/1?!//!1/!!" articles.

Not sure why the obsession over Bloomberg?

There are plenty of western MSMs bad mouthing SF as a failed city. The further right you go, the bigger the failure of SF!

So there's really no consensus in Western MSM. Reality is probably somewhere in between. This is why I don't ignore any new outlets nor do I praise any particular one. Different perspectives are always good.

Besides SF, this is the case with presidential elections, who to blame for the wars, Tucker is a real journalist or propaganda-ist? Probably not a good idea to rely only on one source. It is also unfortunate that we can only get Putin from that one source while Putin locks up or deny access of other journalists...

I think the only consensus western MSM could reach is that dictators like Putin and Xi cannot be trusted.

Actually, even the western MSMs cannot be fully trusted... perhaps this is why we have so much salt in the world...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    One always suspected that Israel profited greatly from their terror exports. But man, after the attack on Rafah it breaks my heart to know how deeply genocidal their government is.

Mod: Added a spoiler tag, the image included is a pretty gruesome one of a person's corpse. Don't click unless you want your eyeballs seared.

Spoiler:

acket.