Page 1976 of 1985 FirstFirst ... 976147618761926196619741975197619771978 ... LastLast
Results 19,751 to 19,760 of 19841

Thread: Politics

I don’t recall I was ever in the black lives don’t matter camp.

Anyway, there are plenty of blame to go around. Blaming all on one group ain’t gonna change nothing.
    Progressives accomplished nothing, blaming all on them will also solve nothing.

Point is, dems need to try something different in order to win more. Something ‘different’ has happened which allowed dems to win for now, but I really think dems need to develop their ‘brand’ better along with the progressives rather continued to be republican lite.

I love seeing stuff like this.

It's edited of course and salient points are made, but the host does a great job of pointing out the incongruence of the Trump voters. How areyou FOR the working people and infavor of unions, but against the Biden administrations COVID and other proposals, while spewing corporatist "low taxes, smaller governement" bullshit. It hurts the brain.

Just want to point out to you that this host (@6:12) pointed out that he's also a Bernie Sanders' supporter. Glad you could actually agree with a Bernie supporter.

Anyway, it's clear those Trump supporters are a bit confused... and very white. Of course, Hillary and Biden are white too, but perhaps trump supporters just wanted somebody else 'whiter' after Obama... and Trump fits the bill better.

If only Bernie Sanders could bring M4A for free and Green New Freebies, caucus with the GOP, and call himself the democratic small governmentist, these people will probably support him!

Anyway, as one of them crazies and make no sense members here, I think I can understand them somewhat. Clearly these people are for progressive agendas, but just don't want to spend any tax money for these gains. They have a clear distrust of both corporations and government... that's why they don't want anymore money going to either. (Note: at least lowering taxes is not government giving them anymore tax money, we need to drill into them that this shouldn't be acceptable too!) Anyway, essentially these people want to fix the nation's problems without wanting to make any sacrifices. So naturally Trump the con-artist is the perfect man for them. Capable of saying whatever BS they want to hear to make them feel as if America is actually great again! Unfortunately Covid forced some of those people to see the real reality...

One thing I do agree with them crazies is that we cannot trust corporations and governments with shit load of money. Even if there's no corruption going on, such wealth will likely inflate their egos so much that they'd end up doing evil. Just look at what US is capable of doing abroad for its own interests. Also looking at Bill Gates... you thought he has retired and into philanthropy, yeah, the conspiracy theories may not be totally true, but Bill Gates is clearly not what his carefully crafted public image. I guess we have his ex-wife to thank.

The right think Bill Gates and the dems are totally evil... have sex with kids, trying to track us with vaccines...

Yeah, sounds ridiculous, but knowing what we know now about Bill Gates and Epstein, the real truth is probably somewhere in between what the right and left believed...

Something is obviously wrong with our nation. Republican's approach is totally ignore the problem and maintain status quo. Trump's approach is to pretending to solve the problem and making things worse. Dems do want to solve problems, but perfectly willing to settle with status quo because it's the pragmatic thing to do. Progressives are the ones who really want to solve problems, but I have to admit, I'm not sure I fully trust Bernie and AOC to be able to solve our problems. I trust in Bernie's integrity. At least he won't steal our tax dollars, but is he really that competent if given the power? Not so sure. As for AOC, heck, Nancy Pelosi used to be like AOC. Will AOC maintain her integrity like Bernie? That remains to be seen too.

I'm a supporter of progressive causes because I do believe we can't afford status quo no more. If Biden does a good job, then I guess we won't be needing the progressives.

I still believe if Biden could somehow raise the min wage and get affordable healthcare to work, he will become way more popular than Trump and folks might even forget about Sanders. Current environment is really the perfect time to work on these 2 issues. Of course as payback to his black supporters, hopefully he'll be able to reform the police too. If the pragmatic dems could get those things done or close to being done, I'd have no problems voting for Kamala.

However, if we continue on with poverty wages, sky high healthcare costs, and black lives lost, please don't blame me for wanting to support more progressive candidates.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 14th, 2021 at 08:49 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    And on today's episode of "Free the Funds and The Market'll Follow" we present you with:

acket.

Junior Potato
    Why does ND get good internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Why does ND get good internet?
    Maybe no one is there!

BTW I just got 156Mbps on my mobile. Nice line of sight to a tower thats designed to service a road, not many houses around here.

Junior Potato
    I can easily get 100Mbps on my phone... except at my house where I'm lucky to get 10. This is relevant now because I lost my 200Mbps NBN connection when I had to move earlier this month and am on the waiting list for an install at the new place, which happens to be in a mobile coverage black spot for Optus.

25/3 mbps is good enough for me!

My home goes up to 200, but that’s only needed because it drops off pretty quickly as I move further away from the WiFi router…

Anyway, don’t really need all that speed except when I need to download huge files from work…

Similarly to medication, I guess Americans tend to have to pay extra compared to rest of the world… but then again we have way cheaper gas and cars!

Junior Potato
    That's what happens when you are also paying for the world's 3rd largest military force.