Page 1943 of 1962 FirstFirst ... 9431443184318931933194119421943194419451953 ... LastLast
Results 19,421 to 19,430 of 19619

Thread: Politics

Down ballot red State candidates probably did more to help Biden than hinder.

Link.

Is it, maybe, national pancake day?

Why yes it is, time for flipping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    1942 pages of Mo and Billi arguing about relatively small differences while the real enemy laughs like Mr. Burns
    Our fight is pretty much like the fight between Pelosi and AOC. It's a pretty healthy fight between pragmatism and idealism. I don't believe Pelosi has anything against AOC's ideals and passions because she's been there and done that herself.

However, has pragmatism really been that helpful? Sure, you could laugh at Bernie and AOC for passing 0 bills, but let's look at the pragmatic side: how often are the dems a majority? How many supreme court justices have we confirmed?

Why won't the voters ever vote for the dems and give them sufficient power to truly get things done(Not comparing to Bernie and AOC but comparing to the GOP)? I can't believe majority of voting Americans are all like roofer.

Why is it so easy for AOC to raise millions of dollars, not just for her campaign, but for Texans in deep freeze?

Bernie and AOC has achieved an alternate path forward. Dems don't need corporate money in order to just hang in there in congress. Put people first and people will respond with their votes and possibly money for you.

Do things with your heart and it'll resonate with people. If all you are thinking about is pragmatism, nobody care about what you've done.

I think it took a president who had a son who served in the military to realize that America doesn't need to be in a forever war. Most other presidents just trusted the military lobbyists that forever war is the right thing to do... When your heart isn't in it, it's easy to be swayed by lobbyists to do what you think is the most pragmatic thing... What is pragmatic? Saving and protecting and improving your political career or the lives of americans? (Besides trading stocks, public office holders really should NOT make politics their life long careers... go do something else too!)

Anyway, maybe I'm celebrating too soon about ending the forever war. I'll truly celebrate when we actually pull out. Nevertheless, I do believe Biden has some heart. I kinda doubt Hillary would want to pull out. We gotta fight for women's rights in Afghanistan, right? Hey, I can be pragmatic. Let Afghans fight their own fight. We don't need to police the world, given our track record at policing.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 16th, 2021 at 08:06 AM.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...2xq-story.html

The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road, which Democrats argued might have protected the white nationalist who ran over and killed counter-protester Heather Heyer during the Charlottesville tumult in 2017. It also makes blocking a highway a felony offense.

“Just think about it, you’re driving home from work, and all of a sudden, you have people out there shutting down a highway, and we worked hard to make sure that didn’t happen in Florida,” DeSantis said. “They start to do that, [then] there needs to be swift penalties.”

The law also creates a broad category for misdemeanor arrest during protests, and anyone charged under that provision will be denied bail until their first court appearance. DeSantis said he wanted that to prevent people from rejoining ongoing protests.

It creates a new felony crime of “aggravated rioting” that carries a sentence of up to 15 years in prison and a new crime of “mob intimidation.”
    Meanwhile, Billi and his buddies complain about the state of affairs from 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Meanwhile, Billi and his buddies complain about the state of affairs from 2019.
    We need a like button or similar. Oh wait, we kinda do have one.

My ‘buddies’ are pretty hypocritical in case you didn’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh, yeah, I'm aware of the whole Andrew Yang street vendor thing. I just have a distinct feeling that what he considers "liberal media" paid little to no attention to it as opposed to "fuck[ing] with" him because it was easier. Mostly my point was that both that and the Pelosi story make for fun articles from propagandist newspapers while the "mainstream media" mostly just ignored them because, for the vast majority of the country, they're non-stories.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/o...drew-yang.html

Talk about a non-story... I know it's an opinion piece, but this is on the NYT, and the author thinks there should've been an Andrea Yang! Being a male is just so toxic. Yuck! Maybe Andrew should take the advice and consider a sex change?

Also on MSNBC Morning Joe:
    "You and I could do a better job running NYC than @AndrewYang
    . No offense to Andrew Yang"

https://twitter.com/CaseStudyQB/stat...-lead-in-polls

Anyone who's anti-establishment or not part of their club is painted as somebody incompetent.

Okay, then please run for office and make things right so that voters won't become so resentful and end up voting for anti-establishment candidates!

Donald Trump would never had a chance if the 'established' politicians had been doing a good job.

Granted, Trump sucked. Maybe Yang and Bernie would sucked just as bad if they're in charge..., but like Trump said, what have we got to lose given our current conditions?

What's the point of having democrats like Manlychin in office? We have the 'illusion' of a majority, but we're still GOP-lite. I guess should be pragmatic. GOP-lite is better than full on GOP, right? But hopefully Democrats can be their true selves someday...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 20th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.

Anyway, verdict is about to be announced? Will America blow up?

Guilty as charged!

(Whew!)