Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 323

Thread: The Motorsport YouTube Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Bubbles :D M4FFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Herts, UK.
    Posts
    447

    The Motorsport YouTube Thread

    Can think of no better way to start than sharing this:



    Kubica's gonads are the size of Jupiter. Go to 2:43 and poop yourself a bit.

  2. #2
    mAdminstrator Random's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Davis, CA, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Whoomah!

  3. #3
    Director Freude am Fahren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    4,903
    Balls indeed.

  4. #4
    I'm gooder. Phil_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,752
    The human eye is an amazing thing. And one reason why I agree with Dan Greenwalt when it comes to night racing. I don't think a game can ever truly give you the correct perception that you receive through your eye. It's why I don't think any hardcore sim has ever included it. It just won't come out right.

    And I love the following video. I think I've watched it around ten times since it was released. I just can't get enough and I wonder why games don't include Goodwood. Especially games that have vintage cars. I'm guessing it has something to do with the rights to the track. PS, yes I know GT6 has the hillclimb and while that is cool, the track could be a great vintage racing venue.


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    ...
    And I love the following video. I think I've watched it around ten times since it was released. I just can't get enough and I wonder why games don't include Goodwood. Especially games that have vintage cars. I'm guessing it has something to do with the rights to the track. PS, yes I know GT6 has the hillclimb and while that is cool, the track could be a great vintage racing venue.
    Someone did release a version for GPL which I put some laps on back in the day. From memory it was OK but a version at todays current technology standards with some suitable cars to race on it would be very welcome.

  6. #6
    Corvette Enthusiast Kchrpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    7,514
    Do you think night racing would be difficult in a video game because of the lack of representing the wide gamut and fine details the eye can see, or because of the lack of all the training/memory/other senses that drivers can rely on?
    Get that weak shit off my track

  7. #7
    I'm gooder. Phil_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Do you think night racing would be difficult in a video game because of the lack of representing the wide gamut and fine details the eye can see?
    Exactly. I'm not sayin they can't give it the old college try. I played one of the NFS: Shift games and it felt like I was looking down a paper towel tube with a flashlight on the end. In real life I can see way farther than the end of my headlights and its that fine resolution that is difficult to translate to a flat plain.

    Anyways,don't want to distract to much from the original intent of the thread.

    For old times sake.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Exactly. I'm not sayin they can't give it the old college try. I played one of the NFS: Shift games and it felt like I was looking down a paper towel tube with a flashlight on the end. In real life I can see way farther than the end of my headlights and its that fine resolution that is difficult to translate to a flat plain.

    Anyways,don't want to distract to much from the original intent of the thread.

    For old times sake.

    This video never gets old. Such an awesome sound.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,679
    This one amazes me.

  10. #10
    The thing racing sims fail to accurately portray about racing at night is how blinding everyone's lights are in your mirrors. Forward vision isn't done so badly - rFactor and GT6 are pretty good. It's been too long since I tried nighttime iRacing...

    -

    Most of you have probably seen this on fb, but I thought it was worth sharing here, and not necessarily because I make an appearance. It's a completely crazy first lap in Pirelli World Challenge last fall at Sonoma. Sprint racing!



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •