Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Run for cover! (The Ford Mustang Thread)

I don't even think $20k would do it. Local Ram dealer had base model 1500s for $18k recently after incentives. That's CRAZY cheap. Granted, it's a shitty base model Ram, but....

Yep, right now, a base Ram Tradesman is $22,245 (minus whatever you can negotiate) after $4,250 cash back, and that still gets you 305 horsepower, an 1,880 lb payload rating, a 4,770 lb towing capacity, and EPA dork economy of 17/25 mpg, which is 2 mpg worse in the city than a V6 2WD Tacoma, but 1 mpg better on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I don't even think $20k would do it. Local Ram dealer had base model 1500s for $18k recently after incentives. That's CRAZY cheap. Granted, it's a shitty base model Ram, but....
    And you have the R&D of a truck that was designed to run 7k + payloads and some seriously expensive layouts.

Something the small pickups can't do. That's why they died.

It just sucks for those that find a large truck to be a major pain in the ass to actually do work in the city. I'm seeing more and more of Transit and whatever the similar Dodge/Ram small work vans taking over those jobs... But even those don't fit the bill for everything.

It does, but the same could be said about light RWD sports cars and BEVs. Lacking a sufficient market, nobody is going to make the product.

It really sucks that the US in general doesn't have more options for low-volume cars like the UK does, where a small manufacturer could make a run of vehicles that doesn't meet all the regular criteria but gets a pass because there's only a few thousand. As it's happened, it's essentially impossible for someone who is not a major established brand to do anything, to even try. Tesla would be the obvious exception, but sort of the exception that proves the rule. Maybe someone should try and make a ~300 mile BEV compact pickup.

Wild and crazy idea: small pickup trike. A Polaris Slingshot but in work truck form.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I thought the Ranger was coming back on a shared platform with the new Bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    I thought the Ranger was coming back on a shared platform with the new Bronco?
    Yes, but it is the other way around. Look at the size of the colorado, payload etc. then compare prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Wild and crazy idea: small pickup trike. A Polaris Slingshot but in work truck form.
    Crazier idea; hack off the back end of the Nissan NV200, Mercedes Metris, Ram ProMaster city, Dodge Grand Caravan and install a pickup truck bed in place.

If you get a bed in a Pacifica right now, Keith will throw all his money at you.