Page 129 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1420

Thread: What are you listening to?

I've done the thing where I accidentally discover something that somehow passed me like a ship in the night many years ago when I would have been right into it. Last time it was "Fantastic Planet" by Failure, this time "Transmission" by the Tea Party.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    One of my go-to morning songs, although normally I look for a version of Pearl Jam plus special guest (I looove the way Matt Cameron lets himself go), you can't do wrong by drinking from the source.

This particular sound mix is awesome.
    acket.

Once again, I'll recommend the Neil Young & Crazy Horse live record Arc/Weld for a great version of that song.
    -Formerly Stabulator

^ It's hard to top the Arc/Weld album. A guitar playing friend I worked with at a warehouse job with invited me to see Neil & Crazy Horse on that tour in Chapel Hill, NC in around 1991-ish. We lived in Charlotte and that was about a four-hour drive each way and on a weeknight. I said no but have always wished I had gone. I think Neil was at the top of his game then.

And here's something silly but apparently authentic that I stumbled upon at a guitar forum today. Lawrence Welk calls it a "modern spiritual" at the end.

For those not in on the joke, the Lawrence Welk show was the most boring and conservative music show imaginable, at least to kids. The target audience in my estimation was my grandparents' generation, born around 1900 or so. I can remember my grandmother having it on TV in the 1970s and my wife says her grandparents watched it too.

I'm listening to records mastered by Chris Athens.

Engineers are artists too, you know. My favorites are Tchad Blake and Steve Albini because they, you know, recorded the genres I like most, but from time to time I dig into allmusic.com to checkout the credits and look at who the drum techs and mixing engineers for certain songs are, because I think that's what sets the ambience of the sound, and that is ultimately what reaches your senses.

So if you're into that sort of stuff, this interview is quite a cool way to lower your productivity for one hour.

I found about him thru listening to Damian Marley's Halfway Tree, which is a great sounding record. I also like Patrick McCarthy's work FWIW.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 28th, 2022 at 08:19 PM.
    acket.

Did Michael Jackson really sing like that live? Was he that good?
    acket.

Does Adele hit 99%? Well, Cornell does.

Take that, you pussy-ass gen zeds!
    acket.

Junior Potato
    You're gonna need to supply more context there champ.

My younger friends say Adele is the non plus ultra of singers.

Well, back in the day we had to walk thru snow, uphill, both ways, so that we could listen to Soundgarden.

Now get off my lawn.
    acket.