Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377
Results 3,761 to 3,769 of 3769

Thread: What are you watching?

I thought it was good.
    But then I think it requires a level of buy-in to Christopher Nolan's specific flavor of bullshit - he's got some definite directorial and writing ticks (dicking around with time, sad white guys trying to find their souls, borderline inaudible dialogue) that aren't gonna work for some people. Same thing as Wes Anderson.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I liked the idea of Stowaway but there are some major issues with a few of the story arcs. But the idea of how dangerous deep space travel will be was really well done.

Spoiler:
    I don't understand how the guy got stuck in the ship to be a stowaway. He stated he was working on some part of the craft right before launch, something about launch pins etc. But then he is stuck in a place that requires someone to unscrew a cover. Like how did he get there? My thought is that his story is bullshit.

Is that kinda the point? He did try to stowaway but then he was just going to live in that panel for months? What?

That being said, why did it have to be a black man.......like if anybody felt entitled to stowaway it would be a white male.

It’s that major story hole that made the whole thing such shit for me in the end.

Recently watched the two Ewoks movies from the 80s. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane as I revisited my childhood. A lot of people despise the Ewoks, but I always thought they were kind of cool. The second movie, Battle for Endor, was definitely much better than the first, which was a little too kiddie. The second was a little darker and the acting considerably better. I remember being 10 or 11 when I first saw these on TV, and sort of having a thing for Aubree Miller, the girl who played Cindel. She's 42 now and still looks decent, according to her IMDb picture. Strangely, she never acted again after those two Ewok movies. The actor who played Noah died last year, Wilford Brimley. I don't really remember him from other films, but he was really great in Battle for Endor.

Naturally watched Star Wars (epIV) last night.
    Tonight is... May the 5th Element!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    It’s that major story hole that made the whole thing such shit for me in the end.
    It was strange but I was happy to go with that.
    But then the physics nerd in me wasnt happy with the rotational gravity. That other craft seemed a lot smaller, so it would need to be much further from the centre of mass+rotation. So its centripetal gravity would have been much higher.
    And whats with them doing this very careful space walk and not clipping on the descender brake or the tank.

So huge whole in plot that sets the show up - ok.
    Minor quibble about physics - arrggh!

Yeah I was worried about the physics too. I thought they were way too willy nilly with the untethered space walk from one side to the other as well. Life or death and the NASA doctor is going hand over hand like it’s no big deal.

I watched Stowaway too, and was entirely underwhelmed. I rapidly didn't care if any character in the story lived or died.

Also yes, the basic premise and lack of explanation of how the titular character achieved that status was at best, irritating.

Without Remorse is really good if you like Tom Clancy.