Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: My 240sx

Good job! 2 days? I think it will probably take me 2 weeks or more to try to do the same works…

Impressive watching this come back together.

^ +1

And now because my Honda ate it's clutches, I get to drive it in the winter ��

At least I got the heat working, I think it's permanently working but it's working none the less

Well, she survived winter mostly intact. Rear shocks and fan clutch went out but yea.

April almost killed me. We had a wind storm that was knocking trees over, and dropped one onto the road in front of me, managed to make it a glancing blow to the windshield, but not complete dodge due to oncoming traffic. No damage.

The next week, nut holding ps pump to the tensioner bracket fell off and let the pump dangle. Found this out while I was at work, managed to zip tie it up and to the store where proceeded to buy the wrong size nut twice, before getting the right one.

Week after that, on the way to work, doing 60 had right rear tire go flat. So missed work, had to get towed to discount tire. Luckily I bought protection with the tires so was only 25 dollars for the replacement. Old tire had a cut in the tread that extended 75% up the inside sidewall.

Same week Wednesday, alternator tension bolt snapped, again found this out when I got to work. So spent my break and lunch removing the alternator, and had to cut the belt off, which was fine as I had already ordered one to have on hand. Friday comes around and I work on the car after 9hrs shift. Alternator needed bracket bolt and pivot bolt. Forums give the right size for the bracket bolt, but totally wrong for the pivot. Got out of work at 5pm, drove the car home from the garage at midnight with 2 bolts jammed into the pivot to hold off till I could take it all apart again the next day.

Store doesn't carry metric bolts above 100mm in length. End up buying a 3/8ths all thread rod and 2 jam nuts and 2 nylocks and built my own damn bolt. Also the previous day I put on the new fan clutch to replace the previous replacement which was loud for like the first 5min of driving. Well the new one was dead on arrival, so I reluctantly go to switch back to the old one, and as I am tightening the last bolt on the fan, clutch splits in half and leaks out. So had to undue it and put on the new broken one. To make matters worse, when I am done with that I decided to take a moment and try to fix the radiator support bracket and cracked the top tank of the radiator where the grommet stuck on. Cleaned it and covered it in epoxy.

Ordered new radiator once the patch seemed to be not as long term solution as I was hoping for. Replace the radiator, bleed it for 3 cycles, including just letting it run for 10 minutes before taking it for test drive, run down the road for a mile, past all the places that would have been easy to stop and turn around, but it was not overheating. That is until I turned down the first road and was planning to go around the block. Instantly it screams it's way to hot, pull in to the first driveway which is of course dirt, aimed down hill and blind to the road. Got turned around, ran up the first hill and turned the car off and costed down the next few hills til I had to turn it on to get up a hill, did that all the way home. Bleed it twice more.

Found the exhaust leak I had been hunting since the fall, egr tube (manifold to valve) had cracked, fixed for now with extreme temperature epoxy. Seems to be holding while I debate deleting the egr system.

Man, I'm sure you'll eventually sort all those issues out... going fwd, you knew this is going to be a big project, right?

Looking forward to see your finished car!

Keep battling!

Extreme temp putty failed but not surprised as it was very thin liquidy type. Luckily I can probably use high temp epoxy and not need the extreme heat variant.

Really hard to not just delete the EGR when everyone seems to make a squid plate and even Nissan sells manifold plugs for the header