Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Flight Sims

Not sure about the logic behind it, but from my side it was plug-and-play. The adapter plugs into USB 3.0 and has two HDMI ports on it. As soon as I plugged it in I had four monitors instead of two.
    The bigger GPS is running at 1024x768 and the smaller one runs at 800x480.

Ashley and I did a discovery flight on Saturday as a test to see if we actually enjoyed being in a 180hp flying tin can with no safety devices beyond the lap belt. We did!

That's a Cessna Cutlass RG, which is essentially a Cessna 172 with retractable landing gear. That, combined with the adjustable pitch propeller, makes it an affordable complex plane to train in.

It was kind of surreal actually being in a plane after wanting to do this for so long. I dropped my application to the local flying club off this morning and should begin my actual flight training (in a Piper Archer, not the Cessna) in June. Very excited.

Awesome stuff!

I wish I could afford to actually use my certificate. I just passed the deadline for my two-year flight review. Not that it matters so much, but I'd need to get that out of the way before flying again. I'm sure there are some clubs here I could look into, but with the new baby and everything, I haven't flown in over a year, and now have little (soon to be no) access to an aircraft. The 150 I could fly whenever back in Florida visiting has been sold (at an amazing profit though), and my dad is looking to sell his Bellanca, which I occasionally flew with him.

I'm hoping the GA market flips around in a decade or so when my son is around the age he can start learning, and I can maybe afford to get a 172 or similar.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

I couldn't do it without the flying club. And I took a second job in the evenings in part to fund this.

What kind of Bellanca? Citabria's are on my short list of first planes. I'm going to try and do some tailwheel training and earn the endorsement as a supplement to my PPL.

It's a Super Viking. Great plane. Did my complex and high performance endorsements in it. Flew it with him a couple times between FL and TX as well as from Pensacola to Tuskegee once while there for a work trip. They are also but like tanks. I guy crashed one on the highway a few years ago and took out the light poles along the way, not the other way around.

If I had the money, I bet he'd give me a good deal.

Here's the actual listing if you're curious.

https://www.controller.com/listing/f...QaAviYEALw_wcB

Nice plane. I love when these smaller planes get the full avionics treatment. Very cool.

I'm looking at Citabria's specifically because I'm interested in becoming an upset attitudes instructor. The long term plan is a Cherokee Six or even a Lance but that won't be for a while.