Page 233 of 236 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2355

Thread: iRacing

Nice!

Oh, I didn't know the game gave you certificates!
    Get that weak shit off my track

...and awards! (Achievements.)

Junior Potato
    …and a strong sense of satisfaction and achievement on a job well done.

Junior Potato
    Here's my current livery for... stuff...

(dw it's a kink)

That's quite a formulaic, yet efficient and mean, livery!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    …and a strong sense of satisfaction and achievement on a job well done.
    Quite.
    Although I missed many races and I'm the only one to blame to have reached 2nd place and not 1st one.

I am the cleanest driver in Supercars this past season.

So people, I'm a bit of a conundrum and maybe you will be able to give some fresh insight on the matter.

Situation: we are in the second week of Season 3 in iRacing.
    I'm License A 2.61 in Sports Car (811 iRating), License A 2.61 in Formula (1135 iRating). Not going to do any Dirt Road or Dirt Oval. I'm License C 2.76 in Oval and I may do the 4 MPR races in order to try pass to B for next season, but no sweat for that.
    I had decided for Season 3 to focus on Super Formula Lights Open in D class for Formula (so confirming the series I had most fun in Season 2), while switching to GT Sprint B class in Sports Car with GT3.

Reasoning, I did not like the way the community of ProtoGT handled new entries, especially ones in HPD, a bit of gatekeeping and I didn't like the fact that car, the HPD, can go quick only if you use loose and unstable low downforce setups, plus other things - so, I bailed out of ProtoGT.
    Also it was a chore to find a decent race at any hours in ProtoGT and I've missed some week races because I couldn't compete (I don't usually race on friday evenings or weekends).

So I thought with GT3 I will always find a race and plenty of people of my level, GT3 are present in half the Special events so I would be on form to race in those, too.
    Low and behold, I did my first GT Sprint race in Barcelona Historic... and all the GT3 I own and tried in practice did suck (I've 296, BMW, Merc Evo, Lambo and 992).
    They don't turn, don't brake, it is just "work" to race them. Eventually I did the race with the BMW since it is the most neutral of them.
    I couldn't wait it to finish to be done with it. I hated the whole thing.

It may very well be that driving regularly formula cars (SFL weekly and Indycar IR-18 in a private league) and prototypes (the "i'm trying to kill you without aero" HPD) I really am not anymore into understeery cars with poor brakes and gobs of TC in it. Dunno.
    But I'm not into GT3 anymore it seems. And my iR shows that. I truly cannot find myself driving them again.
    So, what do I do? I want to race in a clean Sports Car environment, without having to chase hours when splits go official and cars are agile and nimble. Prototypes then?

Porsche Cup? I don't have that car and I never liked it when I test drove it (I do test drive it at every new season downtimes).
    Radical SR10? I don't have that car and I think I would be again in the ProtoGT situation to have to chase one or two evenings at week to be able to race.
    LMP2 Fixed? I have the car but... same session chasing, maybe?
    GTE? I don't have a car, I'd be possibly mildly interested in the Corvette as my main requirement is agility and simple handling, but once again... session chasing?

What am I left with?
    IMSA with GTP - I've the Porsche 962 but I feel it is a type of car - same as the iR-18 - I'm out of talent to drive it consistently and with ease of mind.
    IMSA with LMP2 - am I going to hate the GTPs and the GT3 around me? LOL
    Falken Sportscar Challenge - I don't like the P3 at all (I've the car) and the GT4s feel like low powered, understeery versions of the GT3 with even worse brakes (I've only the Mclaren GT4, mind).
    I don't like TCR at all, neither Mazdas, Clio, nor Toyota GR86.
    Spec Racer Ford is super niche, same as Ford Mustang FR500s or the Global Challenge (Caddy+Kia).
    So, in general... NO to niche cult series with just one or two evening slots per week, I already race in two private leagues in iRacing and one in AMS2, no need to add more specific timeslots in my calendar.

So, what do you reckon?
    Easy to handle at least at base value, agile, with decent brakes and with plenty of sessions to join with at any time of the day and the week.
    Am I truly stuck to LMP2 (at least in IMSA, since its own fixed series is probably more abysmal about turn rate) or to risk it all on GTPs?

What do you reckon? I'm a bit at loss.
    Only thing certain I'm wary to spend money for the new Vette GT3 (or Mustang GT3) in order to chase a fairytale unicorn of a "nimble" GT3 car.
    Last edited by Blerpa; June 19th, 2024 at 07:14 AM.

It's kind of sounding like you want open wheel or prototype agility and braking, in a GT body. Which I'm not sure exists in iRacing? My thoughts lean towards something like GT500 or DTM cars.

Junior Potato
    GTE is kinda like that, but their lifespan is short. The 911 RSR is among my favourite cars on the sim, incredibly fun to drive. It was awesome when it was part of the IMSA and European multiclass series.

But with real-life GTE now gone, iRacing has relegated the GTE class to is own thing. Sad.

Blerpa have you thought of trying the DB7 or Corvette GT1 cars? Or does that just leave you with the same issues that the HPD has?