Page 2497 of 2501 FirstFirst ... 1497199723972447248724952496249724982499 ... LastLast
Results 24,961 to 24,970 of 25004

Thread: Politics

Doesn't that describe FOX News?

Here we are, more concerned with convicting Trump or Hunter Biden... or how old or senile the other guy looked or how pro-life or pro-choice the other guy is!

When China is doing military exercises off of Taiwan's coast and Russia doing military exercises off of US coast...

To me, the biggest failure of Biden Admin is his inability to stop an aggressor from invading and to stop being the aggressor invading into another territory.

I think I've just recently discovered a biggest ponzi scheme ever... which is our money printer. Of course we all kinda know our government can print money and that causes inflation, but the sad reality is that even the rise of our stock market is pretty much in line with the amount of money we printed, or the so called 'money supply'. That means our stock market didn't really grow, but simply increased because we've increased the amount of money thru printer... without printing more money, our markets would've been flat or maybe even drop!

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SP...-Money-Supply/

If even I can see this, naturally rest of the world can see this too... and naturally globalism ended up becoming more nationalistic, each looking for itself? Why should nations continue to play with US's ponzi scheme?

I do enjoy seeing my 401k and my home value grow, but apparently that's all just because of value of dollar shrinking thanks to inflation thru money printing.

With pretty much every nation facing some sort of financial pressure, I kinda think wars are inevitable? Or at least more cold wars... this way nations can keep their folks employed at least. The continual inflation could be good because that means the deficits we've accumulated earlier will be worth less and less so they become easier to pay back!

Anyway, yeah, hopefully it'll just be another cold war, but whether cold or hot, I'm still kinda saddened to be inching closer to WW3. When we were young and saw the Berlin Wall fell, most of us probably thought we're inching toward the Star Trek world, but I guess not yet...

So back to topic, who should we have as president in this crazy world up ahead? To me, Biden is clearly not the guy. Of course Ukraine and Palestine wars are not his fault, but he clearly has little or couldn't control the situation much. However, I'm still not voting for Trump though. Hopefully somebody much better will rise up later...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 12th, 2024 at 07:58 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Let's assume for a moment that both candidates have some mental decline, what are we left with? All of the other people in the president's cabinet and white house staff that do the rest of the day to day operations. The presidential office is not a 1 man show, it takes dozens of staffers. Trumps's cabinet was full of sycophants. Biden's is full of professionals in their respective fields.

This is a pop culture reference that is not based in 100% reality, however if anyone remembers the TV sitcom "Spin City" starring Michael J. Fox (then later Charlie Sheen), it reminds me of that. The Mayor was a well liked, but ultimately clueless buffoon and his staff did all of the actual work to keep the office running and keeping him out of trouble. Although it was fiction I feel like it some of it is based in reality.

My wife: "I'm touring The White House soon. Want to come?"
    Me: "Nah. I'd probably do something stupid."

Failed State lol

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Failed State lol
    A successful state would have two very differing candidates with opposing viewpoints and a strong democracy, with a strong economy that provides benefit for all of its citizens.

A failed state would just eschew "democracy" entirely and have either an ineffective puppet opposition (to maintain status quo) or be bold enough to go with a straight dictatorship.

Tally up the points and see where AMERICA falls.

The problem is that all of our democracy "safeguards" are now found out to be very weak and there's very few people who are willing to do anything about it....not that they can do much. Democrats always suck at messaging to begin with.

Even if the democrats somehow get super-majorities in congress, I doubt much will change.

Exactly! I’m not sure if that’d help even if we could turn US completely blue! US is not a failed state yet, but just a corrupted one.

It is rather ironic that the Republican Party is now the party of the people, or at least the conservative people…

I think they don’t mind Trump starting a revolution by draining the swamp. However, since I don’t believe Trump’s moral character, along with his dictatorial ambitions, I can’t in good conscience support him.

So I should keep on supporting the ineffectual blue team? Nah, I’ll vote on a case by case basis. Biden has lost my vote based on his handling of the wars abroad. Both Trump and Biden are old and lame in their different ways. I’ll just leave the WH in your capable hands!

BTW, for the 1st time in my life I voted as a shareholder! I usually never give a damn about those things. They can run their companies however they want, if I don’t like something I’ll just sell their stocks. If I keep the stocks, then it’s essentially a vote of my confidence in them… However, this time, I voted to honor the contract with Elon Musk and move Tesla out of Delaware.

I voted to basically to tell the Delaware court to fuck off and find some other things better to do. I’m sure there are a lot of scum fraudulent companies like Enron and FTX they could get before they implode?

The way Trump keeps talking nicely about Hannibal Lecter, I think he's found his new running-mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    A successful state would have two very differing candidates with opposing viewpoints and a strong democracy, with a strong economy that provides benefit for all of its citizens.

A failed state would just eschew "democracy" entirely and have either an ineffective puppet opposition (to maintain status quo) or be bold enough to go with a straight dictatorship.

Tally up the points and see where AMERICA falls.
    Nah mate, can't be bothered, I'm just playing the "Failed State" label game because Lolapalooza