Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Couch Co-op Games

Heavenly Bodies is a winner. Such a novel concept. You never played a game like this before. Controls are simple, but so difficult to get used to. A fun challenge. Recommended.

We got to a point in A Way Out that was bugged. Had to quit the game. Might not go back to it. :shrug:

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Heavenly Bodies is a winner. Such a novel concept. You never played a game like this before. Controls are simple, but so difficult to get used to. A fun challenge. Recommended.
    Somehow I have never heard of this title, yet it was developed in Australia, involves space exploration, and came out over two years ago.

I await patiently for your thoughts about it.

It can be played with up to four players, which would be hilariously fun. It could also be very frustrating if someone can't become accustomed to how to play. My wife nearly rage-quit a few times. I skimmed through a video of a group playing it together. One guy was really struggling, even by the end, which made it painful to watch. The group made it through the whole game in a little over five hours. An experienced crew could speed run it significantly faster than that.

Regardless, great game. There is one DLC pack available that I am 100% confident that we will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    An experienced crew could speed run it significantly faster than that.
    A cursory search finds a speed run video of less than an hour.

Edit: Oh, here's one that is less than 30 minutes. WTF?
    Last edited by Cam; April 29th, 2024 at 06:29 AM.

Cuphead: Something… Devil. This game was annoyingly difficult. Even I was struggling with this one and I am generally good at video games. Lori was really struggling. Requested refund.
    Last edited by Cam; June 13th, 2024 at 05:45 AM.

In the game’s defense, it is really stylish and they did an amazing job of making it look like 100 year old animation.

Administrator
    Oh yeah, Cuphead is legendarily hard. I've never gotten very far into it, which is a bummer because it'd be fun to see all of it.

I recently passed on a physical copy of it at a retro game store and have been kicking myself. Maybe I'll swing back by there soon.

There's something funny about requesting a refund for a game that is known to be one of the most difficult in its genre though. (Not saying you're wrong, I should've asked for a refund for Surgeon Simulator.)