Page 683 of 684 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684 LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 6836

Thread: This is the thread where I say things and maybe other people say things too

Looks like that’s something you really really want and you’ve thought long and hard about it. Once you have approval, I don’t see why can’t you give it a try for 6 months…

The only unknown is China. We may have another pandemic or they may attack Taiwan? Then it may become a war zone over there… of course I hope I won’t live to see WW3! Anyway, good luck man!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Thanks guys. The only stumbling part is if my work doesn't approve it, but will worry about that once I hear back which might be a few weeks. I do everything from home right now with nothing more needed than a laptop.

Ask and it will be given. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened!

Heck, even if nobody answered the door or the door is locked and too strong to be kicked down... there will always be another door for you to try!

Maybe you'll find another job... move to another city... fall in love with a rich Japanese chick? Life is like a box of chocolates. Just try to enjoy every piece of it while it is in your mouth! And keep on exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    So TL: DR, I've given up doing 3D printing design as a business on my own, don't want to live in the U.S. anymore, would really do better in Japan and want to start a "new life" before I get too old to make it happen properly.
    Totally understand. I’m going through something similar. Only fear of change will stop you, (which is keeping me in neutral right now).

Best of luck!

Majority of free ads on CL/FB Market are essentially, "Take out my trash."

I just bought some chisels from a lady who had a storage unit of junk. She was trying to get me to take more stuff. Uh, I just want woodworking tools.
    Last edited by Cam; June 13th, 2024 at 05:52 AM.

It is silly how many sellers use “MCM” (mid-century modern) as a marketing term in their ads, even when the stuff they are selling is not MCM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Mid-Century Mid

Administrator
    Had one of the neighborhood, for lack of a better term, tweakers break into our garage on Monday night. It's entirely possible he may have actually snuck in behind us as we drove in after my birthday dinner. There are a bunch of ring/nest/whatever cameras in the garage that caught him going around trying to get into peoples' cars, break into people's homes, etc. He apparently tried to get into our friends' unit while one of them was just on the other side of the door doing laundry. Thankfully the doors inside the garage are all pretty heavy duty steel doors, so the guy made no progress. He also kept licking his hands and then grabbing doorknobs. At first I thought maybe that was a way to hide fingerprints, but I think he was just a shirtless tweaker with a tattoo across his chest that I can't read.

At any rate, he eventually got scared off and took off. We went up to the neighborhood bar for trivia the next night and asked the bartender if they'd seen the guy, and if they did they should call the cops. Bartender says "That's the guy who showed up outside after we closed on Monday, banging on the door and screaming to let him have a lighter. He was there for like 10 minutes telling us he'd kill us if we didn't give him a lighter."

Things are going great in the neighborhood.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That's sad, scary, confusing and funny at the same time.
    acket.