Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1444

Thread: What are you listening to?

What a great deep cut! This song is so greasy I feel like I just ate a bucket of fried chicken.

I listen to the radio while sleeping and for the past six months or so I've been listening to the local rock station and in the last few weeks I noticed that early in the morning there was the voice of what I though was an AI DJ. Turns out he's a real person(Greg Beharrell) and syndicated in quite a few places.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Always a good time.
    acket.

Administrator
    I just listened to a two part podcast about the PMRC hearings before congress, which I mostly knew about from Jello's spoken word albums. It was neat to hear it from a different (though mostly aligned) perspective, and to know that for all the blowhardiness that Jello's got, he was pretty accurate in his telling.

Dee Snider turning out to be a really smart guy who can speak on his feet to congress was a high point. That and John Denver clearly breaking with the PMRC script and defending freedom of expression.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Dee Snider is a legend.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The Paul Butterfield Blues Band.
    acket.

Going to see The Rolling Stones tonight at Mile-High Stadium. On the one hand, I'm kinda "meh", because I know it's just a greatest hits show and not like they're going to play Exile On Main Street from start to finish or anything unexpected.

But, it's the Stones. Kinda gotta go, right? Never seen them before, but I have a bunch of their albums and I remember when I was in high school and Mick Jagger turned forty and everyone was saying rock music was dead. And, with all the keyboard bands and living in the shadow of disco, it seemed like it was, sometimes.

I like their music from the British Invasion era just fine, but I really love their Americana/folk/country style in the early 1970s. Brian Jones vs. Mick Taylor, I guess...but it wasn't those two guys who made the difference; it was the sounds of the times. The Beatles vs. The Eagles, perhaps. I don't know, but I bet they won't even have a pedal steel guitarist on stage tonight.

Ahh, the Some Girls album on cassette through my parents' 1990s stereo is sounding pretty nice this afternoon.

"When the shit hits the fan, I'll be sittin' on the can..." Used to play that one in a band circa 2005-'06-ish; the second to the last before becoming a father and letting the guitarist & bass player in me wither away from disuse.

More steel guitar and songs they won't play tonight...

Sad that Charlie won't be there. Or Bobby Keys. But maybe I'll get to hear Ron play his B-Bender Telecaster and Keith play his 5-string in the open G tuning I've attempted to imitate so many times. There's never a shortage of Fender-style guitars in that band, which I like. Clean tones and...well, kind of sloppy, when they've been at their best. I have no idea who's on drums. I know I could search, but I'll just be surprised instead.

The new Lawrence album, Family Business: https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...Z-JacL3h5o5kky

Get that weak shit off my track

How was it, George? My Dad and I were supposed to see the Stones in 2020 in Pittsburgh. Then COVID ruined that and we never talked about it again.