Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,444 of 1444

Thread: What are you listening to?

Knowing my proclivity for writing four paragraphs - with photos! - to back up every long-winded, pointless story I tell, when one sentence would do, let me try to be succinct for once and say it was really, really good. I am so glad we went. Mick Jagger is a freak of nature who moves like a young man, even at eighty years old! The other two look like they'll expire any minute, but they sure bring the rock and roll and cool guitar tones and licks.

And they did play "Let It Bleed" and "Woody" played lap steel guitar on it, so, as one of his former bandmates sang, "Look how wrong you can be."

Got to see Chuck Leavell too, whom my wife pointed out.

Edited to add, many hours later, the opening band was Widespread Panic with Jimmy Herring. Herring, like Warren Haynes, is a guy I've seen on stage more times than I can remember with a variety of jam bands.
    Last edited by George; June 21st, 2024 at 05:48 PM.

I dunno why but I’ve been listening to NIN a bunch. It’s good times

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Knowing my proclivity for writing four paragraphs - with photos! - to back up every long-winded, pointless story I tell, when one sentence would do, let me try to be succinct for once and say it was really, really good. I am so glad we went. Mick Jagger is a freak of nature who moves like a young man, even at eighty years old! The other two look like they'll expire any minute, but they sure bring the rock and roll and cool guitar tones and licks.

And they did play "Let It Bleed" and "Woody" played lap steel guitar on it, so, as one of his former bandmates sang, "Look how wrong you can be."

Got to see Chuck Leavell too, whom my wife pointed out.

Edited to add, many hours later, the opening band was Widespread Panic with Jimmy Herring. Herring, like Warren Haynes, is a guy I've seen on stage more times than I can remember with a variety of jam bands.
    My question is 'did they do any of the Keith-sung numbers?' You Got the Silver, etc
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yes. Keith had a "mini-set" about halfway through the show. Here's the set list (from the internet):

Spoiler:

Start Me Up
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I Like It)
    Bitch
    Angry
    Let It Bleed (Fan-voted song)
    Wild Horses
    Mess It Up
    Tumbling Dice
    You Can't Always Get What You Want (with band introductions)

Tell Me Straight (Keith Richards on vocals)
    Little T&A (Keith Richards on vocals)
    Happy (Keith Richards on vocals)

Sympathy for the Devil
    Honky Tonk Women
    Midnight Rambler (with a snippet of Robert Johnson's "Hell Hound on My Trail")
    Gimme Shelter
    Paint It Black
    Jumpin' Jack Flash

Encore:
    Sweet Sounds of Heaven
    (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Possibly my favorite Keith song, with Ronnie on Telecaster with a strap-button-activated B-Bender: