Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1965

Thread: Notable car sightings

Yesterday I saw a late model Beetle cabrio driven by a young lady with her hair wrapped in a scarf and wearing white framed sunglasses. She was so sixty years behind the times.

Retrofuturist!

^ That Kaiser Darin is pretty cool, and the Lotus really looks hand-built.

Four-door 325ix spotted in the wild.

I swiped this quick picture on my way out of the Home Depot garden section. When I walked by it the first time, an older gent was loading bags of potting soil in back.

I went camping in a state park over the Memorial Day weekend and someone had a 60s/70s VW campervan with the pop-up top. Really cool, should've snapped a picture.

Speaking of VWs, I went to the best car show I've ever attended two weekends ago: 2024 Volkswagens On The Green

After a while, I just stopped taking pictures, so these are just a sample of what was there. The selection of cars was huge and amazing. Heck, I would have paid a small fee to see all this, but it was free.

My first car was a '74 Super Beetle in Rallye Yellow, very much like this one. My second was a '71 in a lighter blue than this one - Marina Blau was the color, I think. I would add that my best friend had a '79 Rabbit in light green when we were in high school - not exactly like this, but pretty similar, including the square headlights. Needless to say, these three cars caught my attention.

These guys with liquid-cooled modern stuff must have been lost. Still, it was a fantastic show. Now I wish I'd taken more pictures.

I love our long, cold winters, but just as much enjoy car show season around here. Seems like there are some almost every weekend, and I don't see the same cars all the time, either. I dropped by a car show at a church less than three miles from home this morning and thought you guys might enjoy some pictures. This one was free for attendees (as usual) and for the people displaying their cars too, as a fund raiser for the church. They were taking donations and selling raffle tickets and lunch and stuff like that.

I gotta think my son would have been there with his car if he wasn't camping with his buddies in the mountains this weekend. At least that what he tells us. They may be in Vegas or that shack outside La Grange for all I know.*

Hudson #1

Hudson #2

Hudson #3

Plenty of Firebirds there today. That blue '69 with the white stripes belongs to a neighbor I've mentioned before. It was his first car in 1980, and the story of how he got it and has kept it really impressed my son. If I remember correctly, he said paid $1000 for it when he was eighteen and his father was against it. I can relate to both sides of that story.

Sexy. 340 and four on the floor.

Properly equipped.

Lots of Corvettes today. Too many were automatics, but not the '63 split-window I've seen before. In fact, I'd say the majority of these cars today had manual transmissions, which isn't surprising for enthusiast vehicles. Saw quite a few manual column shifters. I looked in pretty much every interior, except for the few modern cars there today. *yawn*

*He arrived home since I started writing this post. Tents collapsed, bugs, too cold last night, sunburned today, and so forth.
    Last edited by George; June 22nd, 2024 at 09:55 PM.

A winning combination: bench seat and pistol-grip shifter.

Administrator
    A guy I knew in Norway had a PV444 with the split windshield. Not sure I've ever seen a PV544 before.

Saab 900 had a for sale sign and a phone number on the dashboard. Asking $2100.

This 1954 Chrysler New Yorker was superb! It looked like a living room inside, and without noticeable aging or fading. It had as much rear seat legroom as a Checker cab, but with a backseat that looked like a couch you'd have in your house.

V-8 Miata, but I'm diggin' that Fairlane 500 with a V8 (289?) and four on the floor, with the ubiquitous white ball shift knob.

And I know this isn't Rockatansky's Last Of The V-8s, but it sure had the look and the stance and the attitude.

Administrator
    Grew up with my dad driving a red P1800 coupe. I think it's what gave me my love of the sound of a manual gearbox.

They looked so fast, and they drove so slow.