Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I do not find it in me to root for Russell.
    That kid has zero clutch.

If Kimi shows in his first year that he can maintain composure in an advantageous situation, that basically signals the end of the dream for Russell.
    acket.

Zero clutch? What does that mean?

Anyway, I think you guys are a bit harsh on George… unless I missed some details in the highlight reels again?

Even Max did not have all that composure during his initial years, right? These ‘kids’ will probably need some time to develop themselves…

At least George didn’t crash this time and that’s an improvement! if he didn’t have a botched stop, maybe he could challenge for the win!

Anyway, with the exception of Perez, pretty much all the drivers in top 4 teams are pretty good IMHO. I get the feeling Max and Lando and Hamilton are the fastest 3, but HAM is getting old. I’d love to see Max and Lando in the same car.

we'll see about it after Silverstone. and Austria. and zandvoort.

and you'll counter after Hungary and Singapore...

Dude…I already said 2025. Am I in the twilight zone? I said Max has 2024 wrapped up even if he starts gettin P2/P3 finishes. And 2025 will be very tough for RBR.

I think this is the 3rd time saying it…

and I'm saying it won't be. I'm saying that Max will have a easy drive on the tracks where laptime is dominated by high speed corners. this year and the next.

rbr are the kings of sand bagging. and the f1 budget cap is a joke. f1 is a joke. the recent reinstatement of briatore is the butt of the joke.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 23rd, 2024 at 02:56 PM.
    acket.

the hasty publication of the 2026 formula before it was discussed with the teams is another of the poor decisions of the fia/fom/liberty in recent months.

add to that the non-sacking of Christian Horny. The change of the superlicense rules to accommodate Kimi Antonelli's arrival.

the split-season budget cap is just another of its farcical measures.
    acket.

Dangit George, you saw how well the outside worked into T1 on lap 1, then wen Max came up behind you you over-defended the inside and handed the spot to him, and then you spent the rest of the stint holding up my boy, the one man who could challenge Max today.

If any of the other drivers want a shot at the championship this year maybe they should think about prioritizing not letting Max win them all, rather than squabbling amongst themselves for the leftovers. Only half joking.

Junior Potato
    the recent reinstatement of briatore is the butt of the joke.
    Briatore was banned indefinitely by the FIA in September 2009. He appealed the ban in a French tribunal and it was overturned in January 2010. The ban was in effect for all of four months.

F1 is a joke in many ways, but it was not F1’s decision to reinstate Briatore. He’s back because Alpine wants him back and the two parties would have come to a sizeable agreement.

I know. that's why they now require senior team personnel to obtain a FIA license, that way they're liable to the federation for any misconduct.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 23rd, 2024 at 05:47 PM.
    acket.

The court said that the maximum amount of time he could be denied involvement to FIA events was five years, iirc.
    acket.

the FIA could very well have advised Renault not to hire him, is not like he has had any sort of public appeasement for his, frankly, shameful behavior.

Renault-nissan's investments do deserve being thrown a bone. or five. There's a long list of grievances against them in the last few years, and this is clearly a spit on the face of FOM leadership.

Briatore has been out of the game for 15 years, sure, he can get some laundered money¹ into Renault's coffers, but anything technical? forget about it.

____
    ¹Plenty of past experiences in F1 with that. With Rich Energy - Haas being the latest fiasco.
    acket.