Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1774

Thread: Religion

OMG! Jack is a preacher!

Administrator
    I like that he agrees with the premise but somehow tries to pretend it's good.

Jack Reacher is a man of few words, Jack Preacher seems to talk a lot!

Satanist/Satan is never always wrong nor is he always right. So I think he’s agreeing with that not completely wrong premise. However, faith itself is ‘pretending’ that an invisible God exists and we believers also willingly choose to pretend He is good.

On the opposite end being an atheist, like he said, God can never win. If evil exists, it’s His fault. If God judges evildoers, then it’s because He’s mean or He’s committing genocide…

Anyway, I really think God is like Schrödinger’s cat!

I do like the actor and generally agree with what he said. I just wonder if the he will be able to survive Hollywood now. Hope he does.

Junior Potato
    Is religion the thing that caused what is now called Israel to fucking neglect the fuck out of a few kids who almost died based on where they were born, or
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-thrall-review
    was it just ignorance?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    /me checks the Religion thread.

Sees people still are religious.

/me leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Is religion the thing that caused what is now called Israel to fucking neglect the fuck out of a few kids who almost died based on where they were born, or
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-thrall-review
    was it just ignorance?
    Probably just stupidity?

Remember no Russian kids died and no religion’s involved yet they decided to invade Ukraine anyways.

Bottomline is root of evil is within the human heart.

At least purpose of Christianity is to help people who wish to clean up their insides better… of course there can still be hypocritical Christians, but just because I act wrongly, doesn’t make Jesus wrong though. I just failed to clean things up better. That’s okay. Repent and clean again! If I ever lose the ability to repent and still ‘pretend’ to be a Christian, that’d be the ultimate stupidity.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 26th, 2024 at 07:20 AM.

Feeling kinda sad too, but don't want to derail the feeling sad thread because it is related to religion...

During the pandemic, especially since we've decided to move out of LA, we began going to "church" online only. Eventually we found this Gateway Church in Texas and both wife and I loved the message delivered by its pastor. He would stick with scripture and deliver insightful messages and we've eventually made it our home 'virtual' church. We even tithe to that church during most of the pandemic. However, perhaps God wants us to stop attending a virtual church and start looking for a more local home church...

Yep, that pastor had just recently stepped down due to a scandal. It was known that pastor had an extra-marital affairs when he was young in his 20s, back in the 1980s, and supposedly he has repented and made things right with everyone. so he was back in ministry again. Eventually he started this Gateway church during around year 2000 and it has grown to a huge megachurch now. That's why I can see it online I guess.

Anyway, so now new revelation has shown that the 'young lady' he had an affair with was a 12 year old girl. Daughter of a friend of a ministry... so being a pedophile is just too much, which forced the pastor to resign. He was set to retire this year originally, but now he'd just have to retire early in shame I guess.

This is tragic and sad all around. I have a 12 yr old daughter... not sure if I'd ever forgive a pedophile who'd... then again it's not like Gateway church is a church that practices pedophilia..., but perhaps we really should just not have mega-churches anymore? For the victim to continue to see that pastor go on becoming rich and famous while she's suffering the consequences of sexual assault all alone surely must've been painful and hurtful to her own faith in God?

Anyway, not sure what to make of this. I suppose that pastor probably should've been more forthright with his past sins... and if he had to goto jail back then, then so be it... rather than having been shamefully booted now decades later...

Personally I tend to believe the pastor must have repented, that's why God was still able to use him to build a church? Similar to King David of the Bible, God sure used him to do lots of things, but king David also has committed extra marital affairs... not only that... he also murdered her husband! David of course also has repented, but God also made him suffer graved consequences for his mistakes. Bible was never super clear about what would happen to the poor guy David murdered though. After being a faith husband and faithful servant of David... and he ended up getting murdered and with his wife stolen by David... man that must suck. If I get to meet God face to face, I'd definitely ask God about that guy and how's he doing...

Anyway, point is no human's perfect. I like that pastor, I like King David, but I don't follow them. I follow Jesus, the only human who actually committed no sins. I'm a sinner too... Christians ought to try to forgive as well... but that can be really hard sometimes...

Sigh, time to find a new home church... We shouldn't be attending a church remotely located in Texas anyways...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 24th, 2024 at 09:50 AM.

Administrator
    You wouldn't be derailing the "I'm feeling sad" thread. This has got to be incredibly hard, and I'm sorry you're going through it.

Wow! I truly appreciate that. I know I’ve pissed you off plenty of times and I also hope you can understand that I didn’t mean to piss you off… I’m sorry you have to endure an imperfect sinner like me sometimes…

Anyway, thank you! I really hope someday that pastor and that ‘young lady’ will be able to work things out and restore things… I also hope we’ll find a right home church locally soon.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    i hope he goes to jail. he probably groomed that girl if her family was a friend of his.

also, I'm sorry that you're going thru this, as well
    acket.