Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: The "I want a new car thread" buying guide.

I caught myself looking at X5s again last night. I hope the Saab doesn't find out.

The leg room in Subarus was a big selling point for me. I have long legs.

Administrator
    I'm of the long torso variety, so headroom is generally an issue. Getting in and out of the back seat reminds me of my in-laws' Outback, it is not an easy car to get in and out of if you're 6 foot +. That said, I think most of my time will be in the front seat, and almost none of my friends are as tall as me, so there you go.

I'm all scrawny leg. I guess I could have been a good marathon runner.

Side note, it is now impossible to find jeans that are 30" waist and 36" leg. I seem to remember buying them when I was younger.

Administrator
    Lol, yeah, I'm 6'2" and have a 30" leg on my jeans. I'm apparently all torso.

And I thought I had it bad. 5'11" (and a half, my gf says - I think she really wishes I was 6' ) and a 32" inseam, and headroom can definitely be an issue for me. Most rearview mirrors are at eye level. I can't fit in an NB Miata with a helmet on and the top up. I do like to sit fairly upright though. The gangsta lean isn't comfortable at all.

Anyway, I approve of new WRX purchase. Even if the dealer did judge your manual abilities after seeing you pull up in a RAV4.

Administrator
    Lol, I pulled up in an XC90, so I think there was definite judgment.

The NB Miata was a lost cause - I'm still amazed I fit in an NC, but it was never going to happen in the NB.

Being tall torso'd has helped me share racecars with shorter people which has been convenient. I'm 6'4" and have the same inseam as Cuda.

I'm 6'1 and have a true 36in inseam from sit bone to floor. I usually wear a 34 depending on cut.

Administrator
    Man, we have a lot of tall folks here.