Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

I think you just need a way to destress or find some distraction to get your mind off of that ‘project’ for now…

Administrator
    I totally get that, and am getting that really bad with my work. I just could not care less and tasks that aren't hard but are tedious I just am unable to motivate myself to do.

I wish I had good advice for you or me at this point. Sitting here now thinking "well, okay, tomorrow I'll buckle down and tackle this," but we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I totally get that, and am getting that really bad with my work.
    acket.

Yeah, it's kinda weird, at like 8 pm I'm all motivated and shit, but it's too late to dive into a project for countless reasons, but during the daytime. Nada.

I'm pretty certain this is a by-product of ADHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I was in a funk this weekend.

I have a HUGE amount of things I need to do, I have zero motivation to do them.

It's small stuff too, most would take a half an hour or so to accomplish, but I just. Meh.

I think the major issue is the project looking and just not having what I need, and I can't make it happen. With that hanging over my head, not being able to accomplish anything, it's just completely overwhelmed my ability to do other things.

Instead of doing the easy stuff I'm just, waiting.
    Don't feel bad. I need to refinish my deck. After a few months of dealing with plumbing leaks(fixed by actual plumbers) I was meh on everything else. Outside of cutting the grass and trying to grow grass on the spot where an old tree had been cut down last summer I hadn't felt like doing anything. I finally got around to stripping the deck(after dealing with an electric power washer that wouldn't run) by hand(well dousing the deck with bleach and then scrubbing with a broom). I'm going from a redwood finish to a natural clear coating. Finding the time to do it has been a challenge(between work and not feeling like doing Jack FN Shit) I might get around to it before fall. After that I can finally take my road trip to the Buckee's in Richmond, KY. Buckee's is a truck stop that doesn't allow trucks. TBH I just need a long drive to thing through a lot of things. Definitely not sad, definitely not as drunk as I was on the daily a year ago this time, parents are doing well, work is what it is. Mid.

I sit at work all day and think about the things I have to get done, then I have no motivation to do it once I logoff. Frustrating.

I'm glad...well, not really glad, but you know what I mean...to hear I'm not the only unmotivated sad sack around here these days. Maybe we're just getting old, but I think there's more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp
    Buckee's is a truck stop that doesn't allow trucks.
    We have one here now. It's a phenomenon. People go out of their way to go there. I've never seen anything like it. There's a long entry road that's narrow and curvy as if to keep out big rigs. Cheap gas, spacious and spotless restrooms, stuff I'd never imagine you could buy in what's basically an oversized convenience store, and a constant stream of BBQ sandwiches being made and wrapped in the middle of the store and slid down heated metal ramps for customers to grab. And they all yell and cheer when the pitmaster pulls out another huge hunk of freshly cooked meat. It's an amazing bit of Americana.

The one here is about an hour north of where we live. A couple weeks after they opened, my daughter's softball team had a weekend tournament a couple exits north of there. On Saturday, we had two games in the morning and then something like a three-hour break until our first afternoon game. A lot of the parents and daughters went to Buc-ee's during our down time far from home. They sell tons of stuff with the Buc-ees logo - folding chairs, hats, shirts, aprons, blankets, and even swimsuits! Since then, at least half of my daughter's team are now wearing red Buc-ees visors instead of their red team visors. It's a point of humor and happiness among the team.

parents are doing well
    Great news.

I went to a Buc-ee's once. Once. I'm not going there again if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Too much of a hassle to get in/out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Ours (Melissa) isn't too bad and its where I fuel up the diesel wagon. However, the one thing going for them is you KNOW the bathrooms are going to be clean, and I abhor filthy bathrooms.

On my trips down to Austin/ Houston for rugby games I stop at Bucees for gas when I ride, grab something to eat, and use the bathroom. But it's a disaster on weekends so much humanity. Inexorably, a line for the ladies restroom that extends into the shop space. (I don't know why Bucees doesn't do a door to the mens bathroom that can close off half the shitters so the ladies can do their business.) Same thing for stadiums. Two lines for the men's bathroom at Taylor Swift concerts, one is completely comprised of ladies.

I do not like being among the great unwashed!