Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: The "I want a new car thread" buying guide.

Being able to look down on Tyler is what keeps me going in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I'm all scrawny leg. I guess I could have been a good marathon runner.

Side note, it is now impossible to find jeans that are 30" waist and 36" leg. I seem to remember buying them when I was younger.
    You can order exactly what you want straight from Levi's. The best jean size for me is a 35-29. I can wear a 34-30 but it is a little tighter than I like and the leg is longer than I want. But I can order just what I wan.t from Levi's

I started wearing LL Bean jeans recently since they have a store near me. They're pretty good.

Cam, here's a link to their 30 x 36 selections. There are six different kinds in many colors.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/5132...ro-12&newPla=1

I wore Carhartt "B-17" jeans for twenty years or more after Levi's quality went to hell (sorry Phil), but they recently discontinued those. I bought a pair of the new kind of Carhartt jeans, labeled on the store shelf as the replacement for the B-17. I didn't try them on, since I had been buying the same size for so long and they were always the same.

It turned out the cut was all wrong (waist too low, or crotch too high), and the same waist size as before was too big - "vanity sizing", I think they call it. Even with a belt, I had to keep tugging them up as I walked. And, the material was downright flimsy compared to the thicker B-17s. I wore them twice and then donated them to the local thrift store. Life's too short to keep clothes that don't fit right or are otherwise "wrong", I've decided in recent years.

I've been thinking about ordering a pair of Round House jeans made in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
    Last edited by George; June 25th, 2024 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Being able to look down on Tyler is what keeps me going in life.
    Lofl.

Not my fucked up wobble? Lol

Recently I've been mostly purchasing Duluth Trading Company DuluthFlex Fire Hose pants. I like the feel and durability of the material.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    You can order exactly what you want straight from Levi's. The best jean size for me is a 35-29. I can wear a 34-30 but it is a little tighter than I like and the leg is longer than I want. But I can order just what I wan.t from Levi's
    Well, no, I can't. I want to order 31x36, but that size does not exist. The smallest waist in 36 leg is 32. Longest leg in 31 waist is 34.

When I was in my 20s, my bro and I bought our Levi's at Mark's Work Warehouse. He is a slender 6'4" and wore 29x36 at the time. I wore 30x36. Those sizes no longer exist.

Anyway, this is a car buying thread not a pants buying thread!
    Last edited by Cam; June 25th, 2024 at 06:52 PM.

My son is 6’ and he fits in our NC with room to spare.

My son has to wear black jeans at his job. The best-fitting ones we could find were at the Levi's outlet store. They're 511 Slim Fit, size 30 x 32, and the denim is all bunched up under his belt because he's so lean. He could probably fit in 28 x 32. He's about 5'11" now at sixteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam
    Anyway, this is a car buying thread not a pants buying thread!

We're discussing junk in a trunk either way.