Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Too much of a hassle to get in/out?
    Think Mecca during the Hajj. Especially on weekends/ holiday weekends and highly travelled roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I was in a funk this weekend.

I have a HUGE amount of things I need to do, I have zero motivation to do them.

It's small stuff too, most would take a half an hour or so to accomplish, but I just. Meh.

I think the major issue is the project looking and just not having what I need, and I can't make it happen. With that hanging over my head, not being able to accomplish anything, it's just completely overwhelmed my ability to do other things.

Instead of doing the easy stuff I'm just, waiting.
    Hope you're over it my dude. I was in the major funk (clinically depressed) for 5 years, probably still am, but my mental outlook is much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp
    Too much of a hassle to get in/out?
    He's Canadian, eh? They don't sell any hockey gear, curling supplies, or jean jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal
    Think Mecca during the Hajj. Especially on weekends/ holiday weekends and highly travelled roads.
    The one time I was there was around Noon on a Saturday in nice weather. There were lots of cars circling around in the huge parking lots on each side of the building waiting for others to leave and grab a spot. After doing that for a lap or two, I saw someone leave one of the gas pumps and was able to slide right at the only open pump. And they have 116 gas pumps! I went ahead and topped off my tank so I wouldn't feel like a bum for taking a spot without buying gas and then we walked inside from there.

The store was packed with people and cash register lines were long. But, to be fair, they had just opened about two weeks before, so I'll be most were first-timers like we were.

CPR article: The first Colorado Buc-ee’s location is now open in Johnstown

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Makes sense. I've made a joke at a Wal Mart before when they were doing a shift meeting and trying pump everybody up(PRE-COVID) asking if they were all facing Bentonville during the meeting. The people were not amused.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I'm feeling angry.

Anger covers my fear. Fear protects me from sadness.
    acket.

Sadness is not bad nor evil. We don’t need to be protected from sadness. We just need to give it a hug.

Emotions are simply messengers sending us important messages. We ought to pay careful attention to them and not ignore or suppress them.

Administrator
    Well, FIL made it through one chemo and things have been rapidly declining. He is scheduled to have his first radiation appointment Monday, but Michele and her mom made the call to have him moved to hospice care today.

You always hear these stories about "he was fine, then got diagnosed and two months later, he was gone," but that doesn't prepare you for it. The sheer amount of decline over the past few weeks is hard to fathom.

As mentioned, I've been in a pretty decent funk about all this for the past week or so, really struggling to feel motivated at work, often finding it hard to get myself to get out of bed in the morning, that sort of thing. Yesterday, talking to Michele, I could tell she was concerned/worried that I didn't really have any plans this weekend (other than go to the Subaru dealership and then an old friend offered to bring me fresh eggs), so this morning I woke up and pushed myself to have a good day. Did a bunch of chores around the house I'd been neglecting, got everything straightened up, and decided that I was finally going to go to the Santa Monica Airport Museum of Flying for the first time. I was out in front taking a picture of one Blue Angels, which I thought he'd like as they'd recently watched the Blue Angels documentary on Amazon Prime and recommended that I watch it. Got the message while I was there that they were moving him to hospice care. Picked a real bad day for that.

I had a real knack today of sending something to try to lighten the mood at the very wrong time. Now I'm trying not to fall asleep after taking some melatonin before finding out they're still going through the process of getting him into hospice care. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, here's the pic. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been conscious enough to see it.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I'm at a loss for words, Brian.

Take care, mate. I'd pat you and then slap you on the shoulders if i was close and didn't have to jump to do it.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; Today at 06:52 AM.
    acket.