Page 2503 of 2504 FirstFirst ... 150320032403245324932501250225032504 LastLast
Results 25,021 to 25,030 of 25032

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think the person who was in front of the candidates was complicit in the orangegutan's lies.

You do not spend 39 minutes of blatant misrepresentations and then step in. you either come in prepared with an strategy of accountability to deal with the two persons vying for the single most powerful position on earth or you read your questions and shut up.

Lukewarmness is worse than favoritism.

Specially when one of the candidates is a proven threat to life on earth.
    acket.

I know there's no precedent for substituting a presidential candidate this late into the process*, and I understand that there's some sort of reverence to the figure of President that makes it hard to present that alternative to Biden but, could the Democrats just radio in telling him that "Kamala is faster than you"? I don't think that would present itself as a problem to voters, it's basically the same team and Biden would take a sort of Elder Statesman role over the presidency.

___
    * That cluster is the democrats' own making, this could have been avoided had they tested Biden's public abilities against other candidates with a limited primary.
    acket.

FWIW, I don't think there's anything wrong with Biden's cognitive or leadership abilities. He seems to be respected and obeyed by his staff. He's just an older man who's lost agility and power in his communication but that is not a problem because he clearly still commands authority over his team.
    acket.

Yeah, debate didn’t change my mind. Still voting for neither.

How much longer will we be forced to play this 2 party game?

How much longer will Xi lives so China will be under his rule?

I don’t know.

But I’m hopeful.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    the single most powerful position on earth
    I think it's kinda adorable if anyone thinks that this is so.

Just wait and see Trump endorse those other idiots like Milei and watch the rest of the world crumble under their idiotic policies.

Just wait and see Trump appoint another sycophant like Peter Navarro on economic issues and watch billions of people suffer because of trade 'battles' and standoffs.

Just wait and see Trump ask his Joint Staff to carry out missile strikes against the Bad Hombres and watch them resign one by one, losing valuable human capital in the process.
    acket.

Missed the debate last night due to a softball game, and I'm sure glad I did, now that I've seen some highlights.

Jon Stewart's after-debate show on YouTube was pretty good...or bad, if you know what I mean.

Also, Lauren Boebert, who narrowly won re-election in a district in western Colorado by a mere 554 votes in 2022, apparently saw the writing on the wall and carpetbagged over to the eastern half of the state and won the primary on Tuesday to become the Republican candidate for Colorado's 4th Congressional District.

Guess who else lives in Colorado's 4th Congressional District?

I noticed they didn’t shake hands at the beginning. The hate for one another seems so personal.

Ben Shapiro called Biden a corpse last night…and it’s hard not to agree.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This is what bothers me....last night he did a small event and sounded fine, and today...while this audience feels very....staged...he was much more active and fired up.

What sucks is it was Biden and his team who decided to do the debate schedule

Never mind Biden looks frail physically and not as sharp mentally. I thought it’s disingenuous to blame Trump for shutting down schools and businesses in a pandemic. As if he wouldn’t do the same?

Also, claiming that he sent no US troops abroad to fight forever wars and Trump sent troops to Afghanistan. These are factual statements but still full of BS.

As for Trump, the fact that Mike Pence won’t endorse him and lots of other folks who has worked for him refused to endorse him tells us a lot.

If we don’t demand change, one day, we’ll be forced to choose between Putinelli or Xitler and still be proud of our so called freedom and democracy!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 28th, 2024 at 10:19 PM.