Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

(Sing-song) “People let me tell you ‘bout beeest friend, he’s a warm hearted person who loves me to the”….record scratching…

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    There's you very mature all-time great.
    Yeah it was definitely no bueno. Buuut…ALL the greats made some dumbass moves in their careers. Whoever your favorite is…we could definitely pull up some silly footage. Unless he’s from a time period without much TV coverage

Max will definitely apologize afterwards to Lando. Might even give him a concession (that doesn’t look obvious) in the future Competition definitely will strain a bromance. But they are soulmates and will grow past it.

Perez…bruh…beat by a Haas. Time to go.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    what i find unacceptable is the move on the run down after the incident. To push a competitor off the track with a limping car is clearly unethical.
    acket.

I don’t necessarily see it the same way. At that exact point both of them had flat tires and had little control of their vehicles. But I could be swayed after I watch a few replays. Haven’t really had a chance to watch the after show.

Nah, he knew exactly what he was doing, and didn't know Lando had a flat there.

He's come a long way from his early years, but I still think he can be immature under pressure. He's just never under pressure so we don't see it.

The 10 sec penalty is a joke. He should probably get a grid penalty for the next race, IMO, but I don't know if that's available in the rules.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Nvm
    Last edited by JoeW; June 30th, 2024 at 12:23 PM.

Nvm
    Last edited by JoeW; June 30th, 2024 at 12:23 PM.

Haas is now the best of rest? That’s amazing. Wonder what happened to Aston Martin?!?! Seemed like Mercedes swapped places with them…

Perez finishing behind Max after all that drama and behind a Haas is really something. Carlos Slim must be paying RB a lot of money?

Glad to see Russel and Piastri not interfering with Lando to catch Max this time!

Anyway, I used to think Max is the new Senna, but I’m beginning to think Lando is the new new Senna! I hope we can see more of this kind of battle.

Administrator
    Had planned to have another simultaneous viewing with Michele while we chat at each other but real life took over. Finally got around to watching it. I'll have to watch it again, because she can't miss this. What a race.

I've watched it a few times now and I kinda agree with Peter Windsor...

Peter Windsor disagrees with 'strange' Verstappen penalty: 'Punishment Norris should have come earlier':
    Peter Windsor disagrees with the stewards' decisions following the crash between Max Verstappen and Lando Norris at the Austrian Grand Prix.
    He argues that Verstappen did not intentionally move left and criticizes the FIA for not addressing Norris' actions earlier.
    Windsor contends that Norris should have attempted to overtake on the outside, but their collision resulted when Verstappen and Norris made contact. He refutes claims that Verstappen deliberately turned left, defending the Red Bull driver's actions during the incident.
    "If you closely study Max's onboard he doesn't actually move to the left at all. What is actually happening is that the track is angled slightly to the left there he keeps absolutely straight on the steering, it looks as if he's moving to the left which is possibly what the stewards are looking at but if you look at his steering angle he doesn't change anything,"
    "He keeps in a straight line. I think the real problem is that Lando's carrying the big speed differential because of DRS. All of a sudden he got the speed differential and the track's going slightly to the left,"
    "Then Max got the penalty for moving the steering to the left, which was all a bit odd."
    "If that decision had been published obviously or given out during the course of the race, Max Verstappen would have won the Austrian Grand Prix because he would have just let Lando pass with his five-second penalty and followed in the DRS and finish a few seconds behind him and won the race,"