Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Feeling Sad" thread

Also, try the Costco Auto Program for a mostly bullshit free buying experience. I read something that said if the Costco Auto Program was a dealership it would've been the 3rd biggest by sales in XXXX year (recent, so last year or the last few years!)

If you don't have a Costco membership AAA has a similar deal.

Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's so weird. I was thinking about how long I've known him and it just didn't feel like that long, but I've been married for 16 years and we dated for a good 6 years before that. Almost half my life. What the fuck.
    Life’s short, love hard!

Particularly love his baby girl well and take good care of her! I’m sure he’ll also love you for that!

Administrator
    Pretty sure I'm in the anger part of the stages of grief. Between the supreme court and our assclowns here in CA deciding "no, it's totally fine if restaurants lie to you about how much food costs" and some of the nihilism of people I know I feel like I'm on the edge of being radicalized and just saying fuck it to everything.

I write this so I get it out there and it gives me a way to make sure to re-center myself and recognize that a lot of this is due to the situation and the way I am (possibly not) handling it. But if the world could stop being so just insanely bad, that'd help.

On the plus side while I wait for my next therapist visit, I keep thinking of the stages of grief and all I can think of is the mnemonic for it from TV's Funhouse: "Always Drink Before Doing Anal"

Do not under estimate the power of the dark side... and do not give in to the dark side!

May the force be with you Tom! Live long and prosper!

The world will be what it'll be. We can only control ourselves and adapt accordingly. Hope you have a great session with your therapist.

Grief can be a long process. I'm very sorry for you and Mrs. Servo, Tom.

Administrator
    I feel like Billi is purposely fucking with me at a difficult time by mixing up Star Wars and Star Trek, which feels like a hilarious prank for someone who's super into it but just kinda mean for someone who knows both and is going through a hard time.

"Heeey, I know you're not a superfan of either, but I chose to add this extra annoyance just to suck, I hope that helps!"

Damn dude.

As always, I'm here to talk on either Facebook, over the phone, or here.

Everyone handles grief differently.

Just do me a favor and try to prioritize sleep.

I can tell you that you probably won't sleep well, but if you at least make an attempt, it is something.

Administrator
    Yeah, sleep's been an issue. I often wake up maybe hourly, and I've had an issue where I'll have really intense dreams that I'm unable to shake when I'm half awake. Like, I know consciously that the dream wasn't real but I also can't escape from whatever bad situation I was in in the dream and lay there worrying about it. I don't know the official definition of night terrors, but it sounds like this weird milquetoast version of it. I'll have an entire night with one long dream that gets broken up hourly by me waking up. What makes me hesitate to call them night terrors is that they're generally more annoying dreams than scary ones. Like, I'm stuck in an airport somewhere with some of my luggage missing and that part had my passport and in my dream I'm basically just dragging around the rest of my luggage to various consulates/embassies trying to get documents to get home. That sort of thing.

Also, one of our cats is an asshole and likes to try to wake us up around 4:30am. So, Leo's doing me no favors there. He's lucky he's cute.

I am sorry about the loss of your FIL. Sudden cancer is shocking, went through the same thing with a friend in her 30's, which was definitely unfair.

Your cat is very cute, but yeah, when they decide their wake up time is stupid-o-clock it's not helpful.