Page 505 of 505 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505
Results 5,041 to 5,049 of 5049

Thread: What are you watching?

I haven't even watched the first season of House of the Dragon. I struggle to find interest. I was saddened to learn recently that the planned Jon Snow spinoff was axed. My interest in anything GoT related is now too microscopic to compute. Likely forever.

Started watching Who Killed WCW? docuseries by Vice. Fantastic stuff so far. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it again, Vice is the absolute best!
    Last edited by sandydandy; June 18th, 2024 at 03:58 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    FWIW, I liked House of the Dragon more than GOT....having said that, I also binge-watched GOT years after it came out. Sometimes that means you're less invested in the plot points by not having any "cliffhangers" that aren't resolved immediately when binge watching.

Phil, I finished the first episode of the STAX documentary. Fantastic! Thanks again for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    The Last of Us.
    I watched that while I was in hospital last year. I made sure I had finished the game beforehand too. Looking back ... I remember enjoying it, but I don't specifically remember all that much of it. Must've been the drugs.

Administrator
    Got a lot of time to myself right now. Watched all of Mr. Show, now watching Tenacious D.

Watched the BET Awards last night. It was mostly good. I missed the first half so I didn’t get to see Will Smith perform. Good performances by all - especially Lauryn Hill at the end, who performed with her son and Wyclef Jean. That was seriously high energy and nostalgic as well.

The downsides…they are aplenty.

Usher getting muted (for TV viewers) by the censors during his acceptance speech for the lifetime achievement award. Seriously WTF?? A few harmless f-bombs and they take his voice away, yet they have no problem showing 3/4 naked women dancing around performing lewd acts on stage. Felt like I was in a strip club when watching some of these girls dancing. That’s seems to be okay with BET, but a few curse words no no can’t have that. BTW not complaining about the women, it was pleasing to my eye, but interrupting a legend giving an inspirational speech because of a little language left a bad taste. Luckily I was able to catch Ursher’s full speech online afterwards, and the curse words were so few and far between yet they censored the majority of it for TV. Bullshit.

Another bad thing was OJ Simpson in memoriam. No further explanation necessary.

The worst offense of the night was when they ended the show without even handing out all of the awards. At 12:00 midnight it abruptly ended and I was like WTF? What about the rest of the awards? Major awards too like best male and female hip hop artists. Those were announced online afterwards. Slowly dripped out over the next few hours. Kinda felt like a scam.

Don’t think I’ll be watching BET Awards again.

Administrator
    That's weird-ass American puritanism for you. It makes no sense and is entirely based on what evangelicals have convinced their followers to write angry letters about 40 years ago and spineless execs just follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That's weird-ass American puritanism for you. It makes no sense and is entirely based on what evangelicals have convinced their followers to write angry letters about 40 years ago and spineless execs just follow.
    Violence is perfectly fine, dancing girls are a case by case basis(Lawrence Welk level polkaing is good and wholesome, anything more than that that shows a hint of an ankle or wrist is damnable, foul language of any sort must be rooted out at the tongue.
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

The Avengers occasionally on the retro channel. Second series with Honor Blackman. Happened to catch its first episode.